+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V Manure

V Manure

Same team or refresh where we can?
    Bring back Barkley, Mings Or bench them?
    After 3 days rest they should be ready to go again, taking it most will be rested in the FA cup, a 2 week break is in the offing after this game!
    I am undecided on the result, Utd were poor last night and on that performance we can get a result but they could be playing to go joint top, we could go 3rd!!
    Another 1-1 and i'm happy 😁

We have an appalling record against them over these past years.

However the last time we drew at O/T was December 2019 but the last time we won at O/T was December 2009.

IF we could get a draw it would be a massive result.

It’s manure Dave, we’ll lose again. Fernandez will decapitate one of our back 4 and win a penalty in the process. VAR will confirm that our defenders’ head was in an unnatural position, and award the penalty.

OR

We’ll fcuking hammer the so and soes.

I reluctantly predict the former and will watch the game from behind a crate of the finest

They're 2nd in the league and some fans label them as sh1te , their home & away form so far this season is almost a carbon copy of our own. They are beatable and if we cannot win at OT on Friday then we never will but we will need to be right at it for the 95 mins plus the rub of the green. We are a very different proposition to when they played us at VP last season but they too will be confident of a result having hit form recently.

We can beat anyone on our day and this Villa team is very special. However, old Trafford is not exactly a happy away ground for us. I'd take a draw now, especially with the run of matches we currently have.

Keep the team the same, or maybe have Barley come in with Douglas and McGinn as a 3 and give Super Jack a free role

First piece of good luck, Cavani given a 3 match ban for making a joke deemed racist via a tweet in spanish plus 100k fine. He will miss the villa match 😁

There’s never been a better time to get a good result at Old Trafford.

I would probably play Barkley (if fully fir obvs) instead of Traore and Mings instead of Hause despite the fact he’s played well in the last few games.

1 win in 20 years is a woeful record and I don't hold out a great deal of hope, but there is some given the start to the season. So sick of donating 6 points a season to them. Perhaps start with the same line up and bring Barkley off the bench for impact. I suggested this to Deano and he slapped his head in a Eureka moment. He loves fan suggestions.

Come on lads. Do it for Oz.

I think apart from the time Gabby nodded one in the dark ages we have always gone there with no hope and 'just keep the score down' it looks and feels different now, we are rocking. If we play like we have been with no fear, there is a result there for definate.
    How utd are 2nd beats me, v Wolves they were boring and predictable.
    I dont think Smudge will change things he said he wanted continuity, in the days of the potato head, he would have made 5 or 6 changes for this one and thats typcally why we have come away with nothing!
    Look back to the master, Ron Saunders, he played the whole season with just 13 players, basically picked itself, being fit is the key!

Ah well, we gave it a good shot.

Right on cue, Pogba trips himself up and the Ref does what he’s paid to do, and VAR totally misinterpreted the situation.

Then, our old friend VAR fux off home early for his tea and misses Maguire’s NBA ‘tip-off’ at the very end.

Still, we’re progressing, playing well, but we’re running Ollie into the ground.

How about Freddy at RB and Cash RM (his natural position). This will give our right side more cover and attacking potency. Cash’s deliveries are excellent, and we’re wasting that venomous shot of his.

A word for Targett, who I have slaughtered on here. Fair play to you Matt. Ok, his positional sense is still frustrating, but his overall game this past few months has been exceptional.

Onwards and Upwards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)