+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Team News

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I thought we were fortunate and I think klopp will be furious with their finishing.
    Well I can see where you're coming from...and indeed Klopp is pissed off with their finishing. But, part of earning a point is your defence and 'keeper either blocking/saving those chances or making them more difficult and we did those things very well. For me, whilst I agree we were fortunate, that was the sort of game where we created-and earned-our good fortune, if that makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Well I can see where you're coming from...and indeed Klopp is pissed off with their finishing
    Sure - it was a much better performance from us compared to recently but if big Joe had missed the header that Firminio did then there would be fireworks flying today. Salah also missed two chances that he’d usually despatch comfortably.

Our bar is set very low these days.

Sure - it was a much better performance from us compared to recently but if big Joe had missed the header that Firminio did then there would be fireworks flying today. Salah also missed two chances that he’d usually despatch comfortably.

100% agree with your comments a great performance but I fear we are only papering over the cracks

You watch he will play Dubravka in the cup he will have a blinder and he will drop Darlow for the next league game

Happy New Year in Brazil mate

Aye...sadly, I can't disagree with that. And I also agree that a decent point and performance is, indeed, only papering over the cracks and I'm sure this wasn't a watershed moment and that we'll be back to the usual garbage before very long....but we have so little to be positive about at the moment that these fleeting moments need to be cherished.

I say 'need'....I mean that personally-not preaching to folk. Yesterday's game was the first one in a long time where I jumped off my seat-when Clark had that header saved-and it was because we were playing in such a different style from what we've had to put up with since Bruce arrived that I actually began to care...ironic given how I felt at the beginning of the game. Not gonna lie, I was SO pissed off with everything about Bruce that I thought, if we're going to lose, it has to be a cricket score and maybe, just maybe the fallout from that would see Ashley act...I know, I know, not gonna happen...but I was so fed up with Bruce's style of play I thought 'why should he get away with playing football that) shite without it resulting in us getting twatted'. Twisted thinking? Perhaps...but that's what NUFC does to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    100% agree with your comments a great performance but I fear we are only papering over the cracks

You watch he will play Dubravka in the cup he will have a blinder and he will drop Darlow for the next league game

Happy New Year in Brazil mate
    Cheers mate and the same to you and yours!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)