+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid season reflection

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Yes i know that mate but when i mentioned dominating relegation rivals i was meaning a hammering being administered at the same time.If for instance we were to play Accies and County and beat them both with ease i would sleep a lot easier.
    Well we've had four games against the aforementioned teams and won three of them. For me, that's all that matters. I'm not sure any team coming up from The Championship can be expected to 'hammer' anyone in The Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Well we've had four games against the aforementioned teams and won three of them. For me, that's all that matters. I'm not sure any team coming up from The Championship can be expected to 'hammer' anyone in The Premiership.
    When ST Mirren had'nt played for a month i thought we would go for the jugular but i was sadly mistaken.I also looked at the Accies and thought their team looked more 2nd tier than ours especially with their covid problems but when we had them on the rack it was sit back and let them have a go tactics again.

I suppose i should be happy with our league position but i think its false and i'm amazed i have read on here that we can push on and finish top 6,10th would do me but it will be heart in the mouth stuff if we continue with our play for a point strategy.

I would rate him 6/10 so far. Was pleased with his appointment at the time and he arrived saying all the right things. Unfortunately, he has now reverted to playing a far too negative style in a league full of a sh1te standard.

Having watched the Livingston, Hamilton & Motherwell games I keep vowing after every match not to waste my money, as the product on the park is so poor, but end up paying for it (in hope) that we might try and attack at home against some of the dross. Not happened so far.

I get all the fans saying it’s the results that matter & that we must stay up, but if/when we do, I can’t see there being any significant investment due to the current state of affairs and fear we will revert to the same tactics next season as well.

MM seems to have his favourites that he likes to play and what’s happened to all the up and coming talent we had coming through at the start of the season? I think MM is extremely lucky that the fans aren’t allowed in, cos I’m not sure how many fans (out with season ticket holders) would pay to watch us at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlisleArab View Post
    I would rate him 6/10 so far. Was pleased with his appointment at the time and he arrived saying all the right things. Unfortunately, he has now reverted to playing a far too negative style in a league full of a sh1te standard.

Having watched the Livingston, Hamilton & Motherwell games I keep vowing after every match not to waste my money, as the product on the park is so poor, but end up paying for it (in hope) that we might try and attack at home against some of the dross. Not happened so far.

I get all the fans saying it’s the results that matter & that we must stay up, but if/when we do, I can’t see there being any significant investment due to the current state of affairs and fear we will revert to the same tactics next season as well.

MM seems to have his favourites that he likes to play and what’s happened to all the up and coming talent we had coming through at the start of the season? I think MM is extremely lucky that the fans aren’t allowed in, cos I’m not sure how many fans (out with season ticket holders) would pay to watch us at the moment.
    Easy to say that last paragraph while we're sitting at home but going to the games on a Saturday is a habit, it's what we do, win, lose or draw and our home form is actually very good right now and has been since the League Cup debacle.

Everyone entitled to their opinion Carlisle but I disagree with your 1st para entirely, from what I can see MM has set us up in such a way that it's up to the players to show they are good enough.
    The fact they are not brave enough or capable enough to hold on to the ball is not his fault. They revert to brainfart clearances which MM himself said he is unsure why.
    To rate him 6/10 with the points he has got so far is nonsense imo

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Everyone entitled to their opinion Carlisle but I disagree with your 1st para entirely, from what I can see MM has set us up in such a way that it's up to the players to show they are good enough.
    The fact they are not brave enough or capable enough to hold on to the ball is not his fault. They revert to brainfart clearances which MM himself said he is unsure why.
    To rate him 6/10 with the points he has got so far is nonsense imo
    It just show's you how different us humans are because i think his first paragraph is 100% spot on.

I can never understand why every manager we get eventually gets accused of having their favourites. Is that not a given with every manager? But have to agree that we could & should be far more positive. This fear of playing to win in case we get beat is dire to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Easy to say that last paragraph while we're sitting at home but going to the games on a Saturday is a habit, it's what we do, win, lose or draw and our home form is actually very good right now and has been since the League Cup debacle.
    Never thought i would ever say this but i'm chuffed to phuck i can't watch us at Pittodrie tomorrow and i have probably been there at least 50 times in my time on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Never thought i would ever say this but i'm chuffed to phuck i can't watch us at Pittodrie tomorrow and i have probably been there at least 50 times in my time on the planet.
    Some p*sh getting put about on this thread 6 from Falkirk 5 at home from Ross Co and Ayr turned over at Dumbarton and Alloa and I'm sure Shedka could add a few more...and none of them were shocks...now sitting in the top half of the SPL and your glad you can't see your team tomorrow...🙈🙈🙈🙈

HNY Peter,
    pish from impatient folk is common place amongst all forums, inc yours where some are now spouting Sow as the man having chunted the feck out of him.
    Nowt as queer as folk except footy folk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)