+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: End of year thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Happy New Year to one and all.
    My wish for 2021 is that the number of families suffering the loss of a loved one is kept to an absolute minimum and for the those that unfortunately do I send you my deepest sympathies.
    Here's hoping that better times lie ahead.
    I'll second that!

Can't believe Farage not being knighted, devoted his life to the cause of the people who wanted out and got the job done! Time for the queen to stand down!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Can't believe Farage not being knighted, devoted his life to the cause of the people who wanted out and got the job done! Time for the queen to stand down!
    Yep...I’d have loved to have seen a (sharp) sword in the vicinity of his neck too.

Mm how very selfless, of course there is the 26K a month he earns from his own media company which is mostly connected with his media appearances and talks, I mean how much has the "left leaning" BBC paid him as the voice of Brexit for the past 4 years alone?

Then theres the money from the £25 paid for Brexit party membership which is unaccounted for, the donations and sponsorship by the likes of and other establishment Brexit supporters!

Its a shame he has spent his time earning large sums of money in order to worsen the standard of living of the people he pretends to support, to damage the UK's image abroad, not least with his "schoolboy" antics in the EU parliament, rather than say tackling poverty and lack of opportunity for the suckers that voted leave.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Mm how very selfless, of course there is the 26K a month he earns from his own media company which is mostly connected with his media appearances and talks, I mean how much has the "left leaning" BBC paid him as the voice of Brexit for the past 4 years alone?

Then theres the money from the £25 paid for Brexit party membership which is unaccounted for, the donations and sponsorship by the likes of and other establishment Brexit supporters!

Its a shame he has spent his time earning large sums of money in order to worsen the standard of living of the people he pretends to support, to damage the UK's image abroad, not least with his "schoolboy" antics in the EU parliament, rather than say tackling poverty and lack of opportunity for the suckers that voted leave.
    The only reason remainers don't like Farage is because he did what the remainers thought he wouldn't and couldn't achieve but achieve he did. He dedicated years to get the job done and he did it using his inteligence determination and professional know how. Now I know you think that you're a lot brighter than Nigel in fact brighter than anyone but the fact remains he achieved what a lot thought was impossible and gave the UK what it wanted. If that doesn't deserve a knighthood I don't know what does.

The only reason remainers don't like Farage is because he did what the remainers thought he wouldn't and couldn't achieve but achieve he did. He dedicated years to get the job done and he did it using his inteligence determination and professional know how. Now I know you think that you're a lot brighter than Nigel in fact brighter than anyone but the fact remains he achieved what a lot thought was impossible and gave the UK what it wanted. If that doesn't deserve a knighthood I don't know what does.
    If Farage is so bright and deserving, MoP, and is the man who ‘gave the UK what they wanted’, how come he’s also the man who has stood for Parliament on seven (7!) occasions and been thrashed each time?

He’s good at two things imo...lying and self publicising. Beyond that the only thing he’s achieved is being the most divisive man in what used to be the UK. Not sure what his next ‘cause’ will be, but doubtless it’ll involve further division and lead to him becoming richer while the rest of us pay the price both financially and morally.

My next door neighbours cat?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    If Farage is so bright and deserving, MoP, and is the man who ‘gave the UK what they wanted’, how come he’s also the man who has stood for Parliament on seven (7!) occasions and been thrashed each time?

He’s good at two things imo...lying and self publicising. Beyond that the only thing he’s achieved is being the most divisive man in what used to be the UK. Not sure what his next ‘cause’ will be, but doubtless it’ll involve further division and lead to him becoming richer while the rest of us pay the price both financially and morally.
    Some people are either ****ing deluded or just stupid, can't quite work out which one MOP is!

If Lewis Hamilton deserves a knighthood for driving the fastest car in a field round the field fastest, so does George Russell.

As to Farage not getting voted into Parliament, ask your nearest LibDem candidate why an individual with a significant share of the popular vote at national level cannot win a first past the post vote at local level.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    the most divisive man in what used to be the UK. .
    Got to point out how wrong you are on that rA, divisiveness is the dividing of opinion, Farage was a UNITING force, his only crime being that he united people in favour of something (Brexit obviously) that you don't agree with. describe him as a polarising personality and I'm with you, describe him as a liar and self publicist and although you're picking on one poor soul in a ****ing massive plague pit, fair go I'll give you those. But divisive, no, not unless you want to call all those on both sides of the Brexit debte divisive.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)