+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Thread

Hi Dave

Glad the jab went ok and you still managed to go on your 5k walk, despite being a bit tired. I've heard a few rellies say they've had a sore arm for a couple of days afterwards ... Hope it feels better soon

So, how are all the Covid Crew? On the way back to good health, I hope. Whilst the rest of the UK seems to be thriving, how are the mental scars (if any) healing? Are the Jabs rolling out ok?

Still sh1t slow over here, I might get a Jab by Xmas 2022.

Hi Exiled, all over Covid now, fighting fit and back to walking 5k every day. Had my first Jab and on the waiting list for my follow up. My Partner had her Jab today. Don't listen to the stupid Europeans halting the AstraZenica jab because of supposed issues with blood clotting! All scaremongering. Get the jab when offered because I tell you what, you wont be allowed to do anything without a vaccine passport!
    Just waiting on the call to go back to the office but that may be a few Minths off yet.

Months....ps Italy where I travel the most is in total lockdown.☹

Had my jab on Saturday. Other than feeling even more lethargic than Barkley it’s not too bad. Have heard others having a worse reaction.

On the plus side, I now seem to be getting 5G on my 3G phone

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    So, how are all the Covid Crew? On the way back to good health, I hope. Whilst the rest of the UK seems to be thriving, how are the mental scars (if any) healing? Are the Jabs rolling out ok?

Still sh1t slow over here, I might get a Jab by Xmas 2022.
    Still getting there Exiled. I seem to be taking the turtle approach to regaining full health, but mostly heading in the right direction (with just the odd set back when I over do things). Salad draw full to brim as you would expect

Mentally, I'm ok. I had a few days when I got a bit fed up a few months back as everything was so much of a struggle to do, it was kind of wearing me down, and not being well enough to go out for walks wasn't the best in terms of getting enough light and fresh air etc, but it didn't last long. In some ways, I think not being "full par" has made the lockdown experience slightly easier, as it's meant I've not been missing the things I do in normal times so much, as I haven't had the energy, and so not much desire, to do them ... if that makes sense.

I saw it announced this morning that the over 50s can now book a time to get their jabs, so things moving amazingly fast here...

How do you feel about Ireland suspending the Astra Zenica jabs? I hope you don't have to wait too long over there ...

Picasso, hope you get your energy back soon! Which one did you have if you don't mind me asking?

Glad you are fighting fit again, Dave

Westy, I'd be really interested in your professional take on the Astra Zenica suspensions?

Dazzy, I hope your sister is recovering from her long covid . Thinking of you x

Keep safe and well everyone! xx
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 17-03-2021 at 04:04 PM.

PS. Exiled! I forgot to wish you and yours a very happy St Patrick's day over there in Eire! Will you be celebrating with a veggie juice and perhaps a carrot stick or two?

Oops spoke too soon - just see that we may have to stop giving Pfizer as first dose to ensure enough supplies for 2nd doses. Also just found out a rellie has had her 2nd Pfizer postponed due to lack of available vaccine ... I'm sure Westy will be able to give us all the low down

I still think the speed at which they've been getting through the vaccines is amazing though.

St Patrick’s Day isn’t my day Winnie. I just take advantage of having a day designated for ‘filling my boots’. I never go to the parades (well there aren’t any this year or last) I used to just enjoy the peace and quiet at home, whilst the Town/City got on with their thing.

Glad to read that you are ‘getting there’, and the fact that your Salad draw is STILL full of Rabbit food means that you must be chomping on animal flesh instead. Proud of you girl.

The general opinion over here is that it will be late this year or early next year, for Jabs and ‘foreign’ travel. So it looks like I won’t be giving my Sister away in November. She’s marrying a Port Vale fan, with the reception at Vale Park. So it looks like I’ve dodged a bullet there, every cloud has a silver lining, eh?

Hi All,

My take on the AZ suspension - if what is being said/reported is true in that the number of blood clots is lower than would normally be seen in the general population then there really is nothing to worry about and it's purely a matter of EU skullduggery. Think of it this way - were there any reports of clots/embolisms (a dislodged clot that travels around the body and ends up in the lungs) in severe or mild Covid cases?.....

I hadn't heard much about Pfizer stock availability because I haven't been jabbing for the last 3 weeks (back in the hot seat tomorrow) but I do remember reading that it was interchangeable with AZ anyway. Perhaps that's no longer the case which if so raises questions on how certain conclusions are being arrived at when the sample sizes in the initial trials were so high. I think Pfizer production had to slow due to an upgrade to their production facility which once completed would see production increase to higher than previous levels.

I had the AZ jab in January, got the shivers and aches the next day for about a day, arm was sore for almost a week - reactions are apparently less with age but there appears to be a genetic aspect to it too. Vaccine passports will happen I think and create a huge headache for the authorities to work through thorny issues of freedoms for those who don't want it.

Win keep fighting on hun - your Villa family are right behind you

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)