+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Thread

Just though I would mention it, my Partner has now been ill after the Astra jab for 3 days now, flu like symptoms, shivers, headaches etc, didnt get me this way. How is eveyone coping with the jab??

Hiya Dave, I had mine just over a week ago. Absolutely fine on the day, next day a very sore and achy arm and quite tired. But I'm always tired! Apart from that, nothing to report

I was the same but the Mrs has suffered somewhat. Day 4 and shes still not right. Bit worrying with this issue of blood clotting!

There is no issue of blood clotting Dave, the numbers are way too low to show any cause & effect relationship - I've had anecdotal reports of others experiencing a longer reaction like your partner has but have quickly recovered so don't worry mate.

She has Covid Arm, no joke! Its a red rash about 4 inches in diameter from the injection site, its quite common apparently. Shes better today but said if she had know she would react to the Jab like this, she would not have taken it. I guess it just affects people in different ways.
    Now to the next topic.....Covid Travel cards? This is a cert.

Yep absolutely Dave, crazy really that the world is acting as though it is a threat to the human race when it really isn't. I just hope that the vaccine reduces transmission so the virus can't mutate as easily and then fizzles out so it's no longer a thing.

Well just when I thought I had heard all the grief and Covid may be ending, I was informed yesterday my best mate and Villa pal died yesterday. Its still raw and details sketchy but he committed suicide, I wont say how but to just say i'm numb. My pal of 30 years, Villa, Holte Ender, lads holidays, work, drinking partner, all round great guy!
    He did have a history of depression and I can only think the affect of losing his job and Covid brought it on. Like so many people, i feel guilty I didnt do more for him but again, with restrictions, you cannot offer a few beers down the pub, arm around the shoulder to pick him up, hes been there for me in the past. Gutted, hard to think, only on here to somehow let it out and make it real, im still kinda in denial that its happened.
    Sorry to bring more bad news guys. When will this end...

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    St Patrick’s Day isn’t my day Winnie. I just take advantage of having a day designated for ‘filling my boots’. I never go to the parades (well there aren’t any this year or last) I used to just enjoy the peace and quiet at home, whilst the Town/City got on with their thing.

Glad to read that you are ‘getting there’, and the fact that your Salad draw is STILL full of Rabbit food means that you must be chomping on animal flesh instead. Proud of you girl.

The general opinion over here is that it will be late this year or early next year, for Jabs and ‘foreign’ travel. So it looks like I won’t be giving my Sister away in November. She’s marrying a Port Vale fan, with the reception at Vale Park. So it looks like I’ve dodged a bullet there, every cloud has a silver lining, eh?
    Well, I hope you filled your boots to overflowing, Exiled and not toooo much of a hang over the next day.

Thanks. Lots of baby turtle steps are adding up ... I will get there. Ha ha the only animal flesh I've touched is the butterfly I fed with sugar water found all dehydrated and too weak to fly on my window sill the other day (I think it got trapped behind the blind). Happily got to fly off to freedom and away from my salad draw Salad drawer always full as I fill most of the rest of the fridge with it too, so as soon as I take some out, some more goes in. Hmm is growing long ears a side effect of long covid?

I'm sorry vaccines taking so long there. Awful for people getting married at the mo ... I hope (for your sis) you get to give her away ...
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 20-03-2021 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Hi All,

My take on the AZ suspension - if what is being said/reported is true in that the number of blood clots is lower than would normally be seen in the general population then there really is nothing to worry about and it's purely a matter of EU skullduggery. Think of it this way - were there any reports of clots/embolisms (a dislodged clot that travels around the body and ends up in the lungs) in severe or mild Covid cases?.....

I hadn't heard much about Pfizer stock availability because I haven't been jabbing for the last 3 weeks (back in the hot seat tomorrow) but I do remember reading that it was interchangeable with AZ anyway. Perhaps that's no longer the case which if so raises questions on how certain conclusions are being arrived at when the sample sizes in the initial trials were so high. I think Pfizer production had to slow due to an upgrade to their production facility which once completed would see production increase to higher than previous levels.

I had the AZ jab in January, got the shivers and aches the next day for about a day, arm was sore for almost a week - reactions are apparently less with age but there appears to be a genetic aspect to it too. Vaccine passports will happen I think and create a huge headache for the authorities to work through thorny issues of freedoms for those who don't want it.

Win keep fighting on hun - your Villa family are right behind you
    Thanks Westy.

Thanks, also, for your professional take on the subject. Good to hear it coming from a health professional. It seems awful that this is being politicised to an extent that vulnerable people could be missing out or delayed their jabs in Europe?

A thorny issue all right ... Will be interesting to see how that one pans out ...

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Well just when I thought I had heard all the grief and Covid may be ending, I was informed yesterday my best mate and Villa pal died yesterday. Its still raw and details sketchy but he committed suicide, I wont say how but to just say i'm numb. My pal of 30 years, Villa, Holte Ender, lads holidays, work, drinking partner, all round great guy!
    He did have a history of depression and I can only think the affect of losing his job and Covid brought it on. Like so many people, i feel guilty I didnt do more for him but again, with restrictions, you cannot offer a few beers down the pub, arm around the shoulder to pick him up, hes been there for me in the past. Gutted, hard to think, only on here to somehow let it out and make it real, im still kinda in denial that its happened.
    Sorry to bring more bad news guys. When will this end...
    Hi Dave,

I was so very sorry to hear about the death of your best friend. That is truly horrific.

I'm not surprised it's feeling unreal - we are all living in this kind of suspended reality at the moment ... Please please don't feel guilty, it's a natural reaction, but I'm sure you did everything you could, given the restrictions we are living under which are so cruel for people suffering from mental distress for whatever reason. I know, from experience during the first lockdown, how hard it is to support someone in distress when you can't actually be with them to give them a hug (or blokey arm round the shoulder and a few beers equivalent). I'm sure he knew you were there for him, and did everything you could within our horrid limitations. We are social creatures, so this artificial isolation from those we most love and care about is tough.

Sending you a big hug. Look after yourself, Dave and you know your VM family are always here to lend an ear ...

Love Winnie xxx
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 20-03-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)