+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Thread

Thank you MissWinnie😘

Dave buddy I am so very sorry to hear your news, what a hammer blow that is to you and his family/friends. We on here are all there for you pal and although we have never met or spoken if you ever want to lift the phone & chat I'll do my best to make time for you pal. You dealt with a huge event in your life losing your wife and raising a 1 year old, it will undoubtedly help you through this but you're only human.

Take care mate.

TD, sending positive thoughts of strength and courage, which from the things you have told us recently must be wearing a bit thin, as Westy says, we are as here for you as you want/we can be. Im sure you and others did all that was currently possible for your mate, but I know from personal experience if someone has made there mind up to go, there is nothing you can or could do to prevent it. Stay strong, Mick.

Thank you Westy, a great offer. At the minute i'm finding it easier to write about it rather than talk.
    He had covid in January and a history of mental illness, he hid it well but it was there in the background. Covid, losing his job and finally his wife left him, all too much to handle having been locked away for a year! We are all going to lose friends and family and they all bloody hurt but this and the way he did it, I can only imagine the torment. I am dealing with this and seeing stupid freedom protestors in London and its making me angry, some people havn't got a clue!
    He was a big Villa fan and it will hurt watching the game tonight, I hope we get a win, just for him....

Sorry for your loss mate. I've been practically bed-ridden with depression (and spondalitis) for the last three months, I'm only surprised that more people don't feel suicidal. We are social animals so the prospect of being isolated for months on end is so depressing. Keep well everyone and talk to people if you are feeling at the end of your tether. love to all

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Thank you Westy, a great offer. At the minute i'm finding it easier to write about it rather than talk.
    He had covid in January and a history of mental illness, he hid it well but it was there in the background. Covid, losing his job and finally his wife left him, all too much to handle having been locked away for a year! We are all going to lose friends and family and they all bloody hurt but this and the way he did it, I can only imagine the torment. I am dealing with this and seeing stupid freedom protestors in London and its making me angry, some people havn't got a clue!
    He was a big Villa fan and it will hurt watching the game tonight, I hope we get a win, just for him....
    I've never experienced anything as bad as what you are going through, Dave, but I find writing easier too, and somewhat cathartic if there's anything on my mind or I'm upset about something ... gets upset thoughts out of my head and onto paper ...

Gosh, that's a hell of a lot for anyone to go through in normal times, never mind when we are all isolated from each other. Mondaze is spot on about us being social animals by nature. As you say, all bereavement is awful but this is particularly devastating.

I can totally understand you getting angry with the protesters, when you are going through something so awful. Some will have really suffered but so many complaints from people not willing to compromise any part of their lives for others. They come across as so entitled.

So, your friend had good taste in football clubs. I will be thinking about both you and him as I will on our team in a little while.

Take care Dave xxx

Quote Originally Posted by mondaze View Post
    Sorry for your loss mate. I've been practically bed-ridden with depression (and spondalitis) for the last three months, I'm only surprised that more people don't feel suicidal. We are social animals so the prospect of being isolated for months on end is so depressing. Keep well everyone and talk to people if you are feeling at the end of your tether. love to all
    Hi Mondaze

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling too. The VM family is here for you too if you ever want to talk or a distraction

As I said on the previous post you are so right about us being social animals. So so hard for people.

Love to you too xxx

And Westy. You are a

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    Hi Mondaze

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling too. The VM family is here for you too if you ever want to talk or a distraction

As I said on the previous post you are so right about us being social animals. So so hard for people.

Love to you too xxx
    thanks Winnie you are a sweetheart

All very sad Dave. I’d say though, that some of your memories will be good ones, adventurous ones, and less painful memories than your previous loss. Keep hold of the good memories mate.

From personal and professional experience, the thing that I’ve found with suicide is, that while it may seem to be the final solution to the victim, it leaves those left behind with a lifetime of pain, unwarranted guilt, and unanswerable questions.

I come across this illness quite a bit over here, as this kind of death rate is horrendous among young Irish men and especially in the Traveller Community, which is 70% of my area of work. It’s great that you take comfort in writing it down, but I’ll refrain from dishing out advice, as context and well-meaning can get lost in the written word.

All I will say is that I send my heartfelt condolences, to all the people left behind in this tragic, all too frequent, life story.

HEITS

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)