+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Thread

talking of education, that was supposed to be an edit not another reply, hoist by my own petard.

I hear also today, people jumping on a loophole in the NHS online vaccine application. Apparently anyone can go on say they work for the NHS and get a jab. This is dusgusting knowing vulnerable people are still waiting. I know of two 17 year olds who have had the jab. These youngsters today do not miss a trick, i hope they get "traced" and fined!!😡

So have you put that to the test Dave? I'd imagine the powers that be have already considered that and added protocols such as NHS ID card/employee number or perhaps they have decided it'd take up too much resource in terms of cost AND personnel (who might be needed to man the vaccination centres). As you know I've been vaccinating - I haven't seen any of that behaviour but I do want to raise an observation or two....

3 days ago was day 1 of our clinic - in a community centre, manned by volunteers to organise the car parking, queueing, one-way flow of people and booking-in of patients so that us pharmacists' time is spent only on the injecting + clinical advice. It was relentless and I was jabbing every 5-6 minutes from 9-7:30 vs a planned finish time of 6pm (which meant patients were delayed on arrival by over an hour). They queued outside in the cold, only one of them had a bit of a moan and many were extremely grateful to us - a lot of these folk have been confined to their homes since March, going out once a week for their food shop - the "spirit of the blitz" was very evident and I think it is their understanding of what a "war effort" really means. This I think is lost on SOME of a younger generation who behave like spoilt self entitled brats and are contributing to the longevity of the situation - by now, many of us know of people who have had Covid & died of it.

Day 3 of the clinic ran like clockwork, small changes had been made that shaved seconds off the process and we had everyone through on time, over 400 a day being done - brilliant stuff.

Thats fantastic and hats off to you WCV but there is a loophole, ive since found out A nurse who was rightly vacinated, is the one who got her Son and his Girlfriend vacinated too. This is a fact and really annoying! Im a 56 Y/O diabetic who will be waiting a few more months before identified for the Jab but 2 people aged 17, they dont even need it.

Each vial has enough liquid for a stated amount of doses, in many cases an extra dose can be done so there are leftovers at the end of a session until a vial is used up - at that point it's better to use it than lose it although common sense should prevail as to who is contacted for a dose. Is this what happened Dave, if not then whoever allowed it to go ahead is to blame and that's not the system, no different to a rogue copper etc.

Top man Westy, credit to you, Ive been doing one or two trips to local (40 mile round trip!)vaccine site with some of my elderly gardening customers who have had their invite, and have seen the sharp increase in efficiency in a few short days, you would be lucky to get past the car park volunteers if you tried blagging it, never mind the proffessional staff in the building, invite papers, photo id etc as a minimum so far as I have seen, as you say though, rogue individuals aways a possibility. Might be in the case TD is talking about that the household bubble has been vaccinated to reduce risk? not sure if thats how it works? As a 56yo diabetic you will be done before me Dave, Im just an overweight grumpy 61yo with a tendancy to non pc outbursts

Wow! That's some schedule, Westy! You must have been exhausted at the end of the day! A big thank you for everything you are doing for us all. I hope you have been prioritised for a vaccine yourself given what you are doing?

When I was reading your post describing the elderly queuing outside in the cold, I thought the snowflakes would have been whinging and complaining about their human right not to queue etc. The older generations do us proud with their stoicism.

My mum had her first vaccination yesterday. She felt a bit bad as we have relatives in over 80 age bracket who are still waiting for theirs, and none of Mum's peer group have received letters - was thinking about giving up her place to someone she felt would be more deserving - but luckily was persuaded not to. It turns out it was because she had been invited to attend a mass testing centre and her local GP surgery was vaccinating the over 80s and more frail, so not able to move so quickly, hence delays. She was a bit worried about mass numbers turning up and possible impact on social distancing, but it was impeccably organised and she was really impressed.

Well done to you too, Mick, for your generosity in driving your elderly clients to the testing centre. Our Villa Mad people are the bestest.

I hope you are continuing to improve, Dave. Whispers (in case covid hears) I've had 2 weeks without any breathing issues now ... Ssshh. Acutely aware of how lucky I have been, however.

Still sending well wishes to your sister, Dazzy.

Keep safe everyone.

Love Winnie xxx
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 24-01-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks for the kinds words Win and the rest, delighted you've had 2 weeks without breathing issues, fingers crossed that's you soon Dave.

I had the vaccine at the end of the first shift as there's always a few doses left over that cannot be put back into the fridge once out, a sore arm and feeling a bit fluey for a day or two are the side effects but almost 72hrs later it's now just my arm that's still quite sore. If anyone thinks a microchip could get through a needle that thin they're mad!
    Last edited by westcountryvillain; 24-01-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Really glad to hear you got to have some left over vaccine, Westy. You deserve it.

Mum hasn't had any side effects so far and said the nurse was very gentle. My dad has already had his as he has a health issue. He wasn't well for about 6 days afterwards, but he always seems to react badly to his flu jabs for some reason - a job getting him to have them!

I hope your arm is less sore tomorrow.

Btw I meant mass vaccination centre, not mass testing centre.

Covid virtually gone bar the occasional cough. Great to hear you almost there misswinnie. I have no problem with people getting vaccines that may be deemed as surplus or going to waste but surely a B list where people can get a Jab who are within say 5 mins of the centre but come on, two healthy 17 year olds!
    Keep in there guys and girls and stay safe.
    Maybe start a thread just on Vaccines for our villa Family??

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)