+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Thread

Dave the sentiment of what you post is spot on mate but the list you speak of isn't accessible unless you're part of a GP surgery team - the leftovers aren't massive either with the Oxford vaccine we are using because it keeps in the fridge until expiry in a few months whereas the Pfizer version is only good for 5 days. The healthy 17 years olds should definitely not have been progressed unless it was to be thrown away.

Glad to hear some of our covid sufferers are improving, fingers crossed that continues and the rest catch up soon. Think there are some imbalances with who gets what and when, in our area there are two smallish "towns" (4k pop approx) about 6 miles apart, one has an NHS trust based gp surgery, the other a private gp lead nhs surgery, the trust is currently using the local cottage hospital for immunisation, the local cottage hospital happens to be in the other town, whose surgery are having to send their patients on the 40 mile round trip I mentioned, this is partially due to which vaccine is available,and the trained capacity in situ, whilst it will level out in a few more days (bit of inside info) the locals are not impressed, especially as there is a healthy?centuries old rivalry between the two places at the best of times

Thanks Mick.

Yes, my mum was another who had to do a big trip to her vaccination site ...Proving to be a challenge and a worry for some ... Isn't it funny how these rivalries are inherited by generation after generation .

After today's grim announcement by Boris, my thoughts have very much been with everyone who has lost a loved one to covid.

So would you say your over it now MissWinnie? I hope you are, I still have a dry niggling cough but other than that, back to my walking (cautiously) hope everyone is doing okay and staying safe, anyone had the vaccine yet?

Yep I've had it Dave - fluey for a day or so and a sore arm for a few days (Oxford one).

Bit like the flu jab or stronger?

A lot stronger mate, but paracetamol deals with it all just fine.

Hope everyone’s getting back to normal ? Such a horrible virus, it wasn’t actually Covid that killed him directly, more the lack of being able to have the usual tests he would have normally and the nhs being reluctant to admit him but my brother died suddenly on Sunday night.. pretty frustrated and heart broken tbh, absolutely smashed us all for 6 and the first time in a long time that watching villa I never got angry the other night when lost cos I guess there’s more important things eh..

Take care all of you and stay safe..

Absolutely tragic Dazzy, at this stage words mean nothing neither does football. Very sad news mate, I wish you and the family all the best at this time.
    For me, football is just a distraction rather than an obsession, i'm not sure it will get back to the heights pre pandemic!

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)