+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Thread

Strange that WCV, Since the pandemic I have stopped playing COD, maybe I should get back on it, I would play till 1 or 2 AM easy....🤔

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Not sure if its connected to covid or part of the so called Long term Symptom of covid but I cannot seem to get a good nights sleep, i'm always about 3.30 in the morning when I wake up��
    Anyone got a tips for a good nights sleep or are we all being denied a full nights sleep during the pandemic?
    Hi Dave

Sorry to hear you are struggling to get a good night's sleep at the moment - I struggled with sleep for a short while, a good few years back and it was horrible.

I did see something about people suffering with insomnia after covid but it was more an anxiety about breathlessness when sleeping, especially if that had been one of their symptoms ...

I've seen reports that a lot of people are struggling to sleep at the moment ... With my long covid, unless I have a particular thing on my mind, I'm having the opposite problem - staying awake

Just a couple of thoughts - I was wondering if your body clock was messed up a little bit when you were ill? I'm guessing you'd have been sleeping more, and got out of your usual sleep/wake routine, so you might need to reset? I also wondered whether an enforced confinement indoors for a while may have meant you weren't getting enough natural day light, especially during these last few dark, gloomy months, which may have affected things?

One of my friends developed insomnia during the first lockdown but couldn't understand why ... we eventually worked out that as she was now working from home, she was drinking more coffee and tea than she did when she was going to the office - she cut out tea and coffee after lunch time and her sleep returned to normal ...

Are you spending more time on your computer/phone late at night which can be stimulating?

When I had that sleeping issue, I asked for ideas in the Tavern, one of the most helpful was a combination of deep breathing and visualisation - you should be able to find some recordings on YouTube to start you off and guide you.

We are living in such artificial conditions at the moment - it's not surprising you and others are struggling right now.

Good luck - I hope a full night's sleep is restored soon! xx
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 24-02-2021 at 01:37 AM.

Hi Dazzy

I hope you are feeling a bit improved x I just wanted to wish you all the best for the funeral tomorrow (Thursday), and that you'll be well enough to go.

Take good care my friend xx

Thanks MissWinnie, yes the Covid certainly messed me about and as you know, weeks after I was going to bed treally early as I was exhausted but back to normal bed time now, I think if I get 4 hours solid I have done well. 1 coffee and 1 tea a day no snacks. I'm thinking the dark mornings and nights are having an effect but hopefully get some Vitamin D through sunlight will help.
    I will try anything but also concious of burnout, just like our team eh!

Strange that WCV, Since the pandemic I have stopped playing COD, maybe I should get back on it, I would play till 1 or 2 AM easy....��
    You can team up with my lad if you want Dave!

I'm old guard. At 56, i dont mess with the young guns.... my Lad is 23 and scarily good.
    I team up or used to team up with the Dads, i was not bad compared to other Dads🤔 thanks anyway WCV👍

Thanks MissWinnie, yes the Covid certainly messed me about and as you know, weeks after I was going to bed treally early as I was exhausted but back to normal bed time now, I think if I get 4 hours solid I have done well. 1 coffee and 1 tea a day no snacks. I'm thinking the dark mornings and nights are having an effect but hopefully get some Vitamin D through sunlight will help.
    I will try anything but also concious of burnout, just like our team eh!
    Yes, I totally get you don't want to burn out ... Re the light thing, I found at one point the mental exhaustion from the covid was starting to get me down - and wondered if a lack of light was affecting me after so long with an enforced being indoors in gloomy weather ... I'd been thinking of buying a SAD lamp (safe light lamp) which some people use in the winter to make up for lack of light. I know some people use them to help them sleep better in the winter too) Instead I tried just making sure I sat right next to a window for about half an hour every morning (I just usually ate my breakfast and read the news online) and within a couple of days I really felt a difference and (Winnie ) normality restored. I know it's still probably a bit chilly to do it, but maybe sitting out in your garden for about 10 mins at lunch time would help (just thinking you don't want to exert yourself too much at the moment post-covid so you don't burn out) ...

I'm probably breaking forum rules here (but hey if Exiled can talk about Stella ) but when I was having trouble sleeping a friend sent me a bottle of Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax bath oil which made a huge difference to the quality of my sleep, helping me stay asleep longer, once I'd eventually dropped off. The full size is quite expensive but you can get travel sizes to try it out ... You can easily get some online. You only need a tiny amount as it's really strong. Just make sure you add it to the bath once you've filled it up so it doesn't evaporate. It's quite a "masculine" scent - patchouli and vetiver so you don't need to worry about smelling all girly. Just a thought if you are desperate ...
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 25-02-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Dazzy, I hope it all went well today. Have been thinking about you. xx

Are you suggesting that I bathe in Stella, Winnie?

I gave Stella the boot in early January, due to the change in recipe and ABV%. I moved on to Tiger Beer or Peroni depending on availability. However, I’ve not had a tipple in almost 5 weeks. Methinks that will all change, very soon

Back to the topic, good to read that you and TD are on the mend, although I was enjoying the peace and quiet

Dazzy, treasure the love of those around you and together you’ll catch a glimpse of sunnier horizons. Take care champ.

Mmmmmm, now then, Tiger or Peroni?

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    Hi Dazzy

I hope you are feeling a bit improved x I just wanted to wish you all the best for the funeral tomorrow (Thursday), and that you'll be well enough to go.

Take good care my friend xx
    Hey Winnie, yes I made it to the funeral as my isolation ended Wednesday n not had any symptoms to keep me in longer and even though my wife is still poorly things have changed now cos I got the all clear to go out from track and trace..

It was a lovely service, so Heart breaking and sad though and think it’ll be a long long time if ever that I don’t feel so sad tbh I’m totally crushed and determined to get really healthy to beat this horrible curse of my close family cos my brother was only 55 and that was same age as when my Mum died 😱😢

Thanks for asking ❤️❤️

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)