+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Covid Thread

Very interesting, so do you think we have rumbled the governments on Omicron as being no worse than the common cold and this is why we are now hearing of the horrible IHU variant found in France? Is this to add more fear? Have these Virus's not always been around? And most importantly, should we not Ban all French people from entering the UK like they banned us?
    What I would like to know is, just what is the 'End Game' and is this just a prelude to the real 'Virus X' Bill Gates was working on?

The plan is to crash the economy. Get trump out and bring in the new financial system. Also make shed loads in the prossess.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Very interesting, so do you think we have rumbled the governments on Omicron as being no worse than the common cold and this is why we are now hearing of the horrible IHU variant found in France? Is this to add more fear? Have these Virus's not always been around? And most importantly, should we not Ban all French people from entering the UK like they banned us?
    What I would like to know is, just what is the 'End Game' and is this just a prelude to the real 'Virus X' Bill Gates was working on?
    Dave I don't think the Government had any covert plan with Omicron for us to say they've been rumbled, however I do think they were to some extent arrogant for not listening to the horse's mouth in Sth Africa early on regarding the mild nature and low incidence of hospitalisations despite a largely unvaccinated population.

The end game? Crowd control, the way some powerful people speak of the unvaccinated terrifies me and the media feeds the monster. I now expect the unexpected, it is as Bongo says, to make shedloads of money - for the few & not the many, if by now you haven't heard of CDBC's then google it for a gander. Would be great to hear your thoughts.

CDBC, possible. Anything is possible today, it seems a while now since people whispered, we would be cashless society. Right now, I cannot remember the last time I used cash, in fact I have had to raid the Piggy bank for loose change for car parking! Those are the ones that have not been upgraded. Quite worrying the crowd control, those who appose are seen instantly as the enemy, just look at Kazakhstan, hundreds dead because of the price of oil....i think the whole Covid thing has changed many people thoughts and who knows where it will end!

I think we might be in danger of investing more intelligence in our governing bodies than they actually have. I agree that ours and most governments are making the most of the situation they have been given, but a 5 year old could and would do that! Westy, I think, hits the right note with regard to having to allow the virus and other viruses to balance out so we can return to what we perceive as "normal". The figures are definately tipped towards covid with this "death for any reason within a month of having covid" I shouted that one down on day one, in theory if you are run down by a bus within a month of being CV19 positive it counts in their stats, and yes I am exaggerating to make a point....... I hope!

People are using it as an excuse, my very dear Friend committed suicide last March, i'm still coming to terms with that but his Wife did a TV interview raising awareness to kids who have lost a parent to Covid, she actually stated he died from Covid.....🤔 the mind boggles!

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Are you sitting comfortably Winnie

I would urge anyone with an open mind to lookup Dr David Martin on Rumble, the whole thing has been a long time in the offing and it stinks to high heaven, it has made some people very rich whilst polarising society. Moving on though to the here and now......

Omicron is clearly a lot milder than it's predecessors, as you know I work in Pharmacy and the demand for LFTs is phenomenal which leads me to believe the high positive numbers is to a large extent down to more testing. I believe the numbers weren't massively different in the community with Delta, just that there was a different ratio of known to unknown then vs now.

Masks are I believe pointless because everyone uses single use surgical grade masks over and over again which effectively renders them useless, perhaps with social distancing indoors they would marginally help - the resurgence of the common cold pre-Omicron and post unlocking is I think fair evidence of that. The trouble is there's always a spike after removal of restrictions and at some point they have to be removed so the key is capacity to deal with the fallout, I think we are more or less where we need to be with capacity (in the sense that hospitalisations are well below the same period last year) except for one thing - isolation rules. So an impact based decision has to be made on availability of essential workers vs the workload - Omicron is rife already, the vulnerable cohorts are vaxxed so give them high protection in hospitals but let asymptomatic +ve workers go to work without contact with the vulnerable.

Plan B without doubt is a mechanism to blame the public for going to pubs, clubs and the football/darts/etc

In summary - amend isolation rules to preserve capacity, the vaccine & immunity from previous infection provides enough immunity so let's crack on with life.

FACT - the overall deaths in 2021 is less than all years to 2018. Covid is therefore being allowed a disproportionate amount of the UK's resources.

Take care all.

WCV
    i was not only sitting comfortably, but settled down with some choccy bikkies. Some food for thought, Westy. Thank you. I will try and look up Dr David Martin at the weekend ..

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    i was not only sitting comfortably, but settled down with some choccy bikkies. Some food for thought, Westy. Thank you. I will try and look up Dr David Martin at the weekend ..
    A moment on the lips, a lifetime............, young Winifred

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    A moment on the lips, a lifetime............, young Winifred
    Touche Mr Exiled Villan.

They were healthy(ish) choccy bikkies though.

Westy, still to look up David Martin. Haven't forgotten.

He was excellent in airplane 2

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)