+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Thread

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Win - on the subject of the Indian variant I am not concerned as it's not prevalent amongst the vaccinated groups which proves the vaccine works. Culturally several generations live under one roof which to my mind reinforces this point.
    Good points, Westy

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Hi MissWinnie. 2nd Jab tomorrow. Will keep you up to speed with any side effects.
    Sleep is diabolical and deprivation is making me become very short tempered, i'm not sure if it can be classsed as long covid, my age, my best mate taking his own life or a combination? Maybe the 2nd Jab will calm things only time will tell. Hope you are coping and hoping everyone is coping with this and everything life throws at you!
    I hope your jab went well and you didn't have too many (hopefully no) side effects! Sleep deprivation can test even the most mild mannered. You've had a really tough time this year, so it's not surprising your sleep has been affected. You take care x

Hi MissWinnie, well 2nd Jab done, 3ays in and no side affects, not even a sore arm! I was braced for a rough couple of days especially as the Nurse said the 2nd Jab is worse for side affects. So, the message is to everyone who has not had it, don't worry too much, just get it done as this Indian virus especially here in the UK is spreading. How are you doing now MW, how are you coping?
    All the best. Dave x

Take a bow WCV excellent effort, as for those of you in sickbay, thoughts and good vibes sent in your direction. Todays crazy stat, my middle son had his second jab this week (lives in shropshire) I am booked for mine next week (live in Welsh borders but my doctor is based in shropshire) neither of us has underlying health issues so wtf!? not complaining just puzzled by how it works

There are multiple booking systems at play oldskool alongside inconsistent vaccine supply & changes in policy (bringing people in earlier for 2nd jabs for example and carte blanche stopping first jabs until supply catches us).

GP surgeries have been phoning patients booked into vaccination centres to come in to them causing huge queues just so they can make more money as it's easy work for doctors who then moan about their workload. Those patients then are a no-show at the vacc centre when they have booked vaccinators and volunteers alike leading to reduced revenue when someone else could have had their slot. At the clinic where I work some days we have had 10-20% no-shows - the fee per jab is £12.58 (no stock cost) - it's disgraceful behaviour, GP's are considered infallible by some when the truth is they're quite a mercenary bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Hi MissWinnie, well 2nd Jab done, 3ays in and no side affects, not even a sore arm! I was braced for a rough couple of days especially as the Nurse said the 2nd Jab is worse for side affects. So, the message is to everyone who has not had it, don't worry too much, just get it done as this Indian virus especially here in the UK is spreading. How are you doing now MW, how are you coping?
    All the best. Dave x
    Hi Dave,

That's great you didn't get any side effects this time! Must have been a relief!

I'm coping fine, Dave, thank you for asking. My energy is returning and my breathing is pretty much normal now. Unfortunately, when the breathing improved I ended up having some other symptoms (sigh) but doing much much better overall. Have been waging a war on long covid - researching all the nutritional advice I could find and Exiled would be horrified at the amount of fruit and veggies I've been consuming. No idea whether it's making any difference, but makes me feel like I'm fighting back.

All the best to you too.

Winnie x

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    There are multiple booking systems at play oldskool alongside inconsistent vaccine supply & changes in policy (bringing people in earlier for 2nd jabs for example and carte blanche stopping first jabs until supply catches us).

GP surgeries have been phoning patients booked into vaccination centres to come in to them causing huge queues just so they can make more money as it's easy work for doctors who then moan about their workload. Those patients then are a no-show at the vacc centre when they have booked vaccinators and volunteers alike leading to reduced revenue when someone else could have had their slot. At the clinic where I work some days we have had 10-20% no-shows - the fee per jab is £12.58 (no stock cost) - it's disgraceful behaviour, GP's are considered infallible by some when the truth is they're quite a mercenary bunch.
    Westy, that's really shocking! Especially when you think that most of us have had to have telephone appointments as they don't want us in the surgery! But happy to entertain patients and take that risk when there's money to be made.

Spot on Win, where there's a £ there's a way - thankfully this week the no-shows have dropped to near single figures, looks like the surgeries may have have learnt their lesson. The next problem now is unreliable vaccinators who cancel shifts at the drop of a hat, either because they can't be ar$ed or have had a better offer at short notice - so much for the patients eh.

Now they say it could have come from the lab. Trump said this last year and anyone who agreed was a conspiracy theorist. I think the world health organisation owed us some answers.

It was millitary precision down at my Surgery in Bromsgrove, strict instructions not to be early or late. Checked in, one way system, mask, protect hands, sit there, name called, into a room, confirm name, small prick (sorry could not resist) Jab, out the back door. Took all of 5 mins. I would say alltogether, there were around 25 people in a kind of coveyor belt system while, in the background 2 receptionists were constantly calling people to come down and two people wiping chairs after you had sat on one, surgey was open till 8pm. Whether this was for extra money or not, it was quite impressive!
    Ps they have called my other half up now 3 times, 3 times she has declined, she is scared stiff of the side affects, she had a bad time with the first one which, was almost as bad as having the virus back in January! She's booked in now for Tuesday, we will see.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)