+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Thread

Covid Thread

The way things are going with this new rapid strain of Covid, I thought I would start up a: villa only Covid Thread. I know Miss Winnie had it and hopefully now over it.
    Now, after being ill for the past 3 days my test results have come back and now also have Covid. Its not for sympathy but sometimes good to talk and share the thoughts and experiences.
    Wishing everyone a Happy New year and hopefully you are are all safe & well.

Hey Dave,

I'm sorry to hear you've joined the covid club. How are you feeling at the moment?

I'm hoping you'll be one of those who recover quickly, but a friend of a friend who is an OT sent me this link a few days ago, which I wish I'd known about earlier as it's really helpful advice for dealing with the longer term fatigue. I know Dazzy's sister was struggling ... Thought it may be of help to anyone in the same position ...

https://www.rcot.co.uk/how-manage-po...ter-covid-19-0

Just to update ... I'm about 4 months in now ... improving slowly, but still not recovered. My main issue is finding the boundaries of what I can and can't do - if I cross the line, I go back to being completely wiped out and having breathing issues, albeit for shorter periods than before. I spoke about trying 5 mins walks a few weeks back - but that turned out to be too much for me and caused a relapse for a couple of days.

My best friend is about 5 or 6 weeks in (turns out she picked it up from her dentist during an essential emergency appointment). Just cold like symptoms initially, but after about 10 days the exhaustion kicked in. She found herself unable to climb the stairs and is sleeping 18 hours a day. She's physically very weak - struggling to lift the weight of her own body. However, she's not experiencing any breathing issues. This is someone who runs marathons! Her partner also had it but he just had fluey like symptoms for a couple of weeks but is recovering well ...

Purely anectodal, but I keep hearing about couples where the woman is suffering from long covid but the man seems to recover well. I did see something about it possibly being due to the high oestrogen levels but I'm not a medic or scientist so have no idea of how reliable this is ...

Good luck Dave and look after yourself xxx

Thanks Miss Winnie. Its early days but both myself and a colleague from work had same symptons and tested just Yesterday and obviously both positive.
    I have had a cough, headache, aches and pains. I do 5k walk every day but on the 28th Dec, I could not get out of bed, a walk to the bathroom was like doing a marathon! This is only day 4 but obviously may have been infected upto 14 days previous!
    Today I still have the cough but its subsiding and the aches and paynes have gone, I actually feel much better to have contemplated a short walk outside but the test result put a stop to that. I'm not sure Miss Winnie if its a good sign that I will get over it fairly quickly or whether there are trends to relapse? Added to this I am diabetic, apparently this does not make much difference now they know a little more about how the virus spreads.
    Funny thing is, my app said isolate for 10 days, after the result it is only saying 7 days?
    Thank you for the extra info, feel mentally much better for your post 😁

Sorry to hear that Dave. Hope you get better quickly. It seems this vaccine can’t come quick enough.

Let’s hope the Villa boys can help you get back on the road to recovery with a good performance tonight.

Cheers Picasso, I think 3 pts would be a perfect ' pick me up' for everyone. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Thanks Miss Winnie. Its early days but both myself and a colleague from work had same symptons and tested just Yesterday and obviously both positive.
    I have had a cough, headache, aches and pains. I do 5k walk every day but on the 28th Dec, I could not get out of bed, a walk to the bathroom was like doing a marathon! This is only day 4 but obviously may have been infected upto 14 days previous!
    Today I still have the cough but its subsiding and the aches and paynes have gone, I actually feel much better to have contemplated a short walk outside but the test result put a stop to that. I'm not sure Miss Winnie if its a good sign that I will get over it fairly quickly or whether there are trends to relapse? Added to this I am diabetic, apparently this does not make much difference now they know a little more about how the virus spreads.
    Funny thing is, my app said isolate for 10 days, after the result it is only saying 7 days?
    Thank you for the extra info, feel mentally much better for your post ��
    Yes, I totally relate to what you said about walking to the bathroom being like a marathon - have been through that ...

I'm glad you are feeling much better today ... Let's hope that it is the start of you properly feeling better ... xx Re your question about trends and being prone to relapse, obviously I'm not a medical professional so am unable to advise you in any way, but, just from personal experience, and from what I've read on the subject, with covid, you need to be mindful that if you do have a better day, it doesn't necessarily mean you are on the mend, so I think the advice given on the link (the initial stages link on it is for you) to keep resting and relaxing as much as you can at the moment is good. I've had many a false dawn where I've woken up feeling much better, continued to feel improved for a day or two, then found myself back to square one again ... and from what I've read, that seems to be really common.

A merry go round of symptoms is another - you get one symptom one day, another another day, then another, then back to the first symptom! I just had an email from my friend who has it, describing exactly the same. I just had what felt like regular flu for the first two weeks - it would have been forgotten about, long ago, had it just been that ... then I started not being able to wake up. Everybody seems to experience it in their own way though.

I don't know anything about diabetes - it might just be worth booking a phone consultation with your GP, who knows your medical history, and can advise accordingly - best be safe x

Now, Winnie bossy boots on ... keep calm and relaxed during the match and don't get too wound up at VAR, missed chances, stinky ref decisions, and not too excited at goals if we score any.

You take good care of yourself, Dave. I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for a speedy recovery for you xx
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 01-01-2021 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Sorry Dave, missed this question. I'm guessing it's because your symptoms started 3 days ago, and you have to isolate for 10 days from start of symptoms - so you now only have 7 days left?

Thanks again MW. Had a good nights sleep then woke up coughing like a chain smoker, my chest hurts but I can breathe ok. I'm living on lemsip, it seems to help.
    Just contacted my friend who said he missed the match last due to feeling so bad!
    As for the game, well utd do seem to get a lot of penalty decisions. We had one chalked off v Brighton even though there was clear contact, there was not clear contact from Luiz on Pogba, i was convinced VAR was going to overturn or at least the ref would go to the lineside screen but should have known better!
    We can play better but that one was hard to take!
    All the best Miss Winnie.

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis Dave. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Cheers ExiledV 👍

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)