+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Thread

Cheers exiled , well had my first taste of lager since having Covid last night to drown me sorrows and gotta say I’ve missed it and quite getting into coors lite 😱

All the best Dazzy, the one comfort is that your not alone in grief, I lost my wife, both of us just 33.... i was left holding a 1 year old. Somehow you carry on and move on.
    Everyone will go through grief thats for sure. Its just comforting you have friends thinking of you at this very sad time.

Ps thanks MissWinnie, I will try anythink for a good nights sleep

All the best to all the Villamad Family 👍

Ah Dave that’s heart breaking mate.. your right though it’s very comforting knowing friends thinking of you and that.. ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Are you suggesting that I bathe in Stella, Winnie?
    Naaah Exiled. I know you'd never want to waste a drop! Wow! 5 weeks is good going.

You'll be glad to know I still need my naps, so there'll be a little bit of peace in the day for you still. For now.

Good luck with your quest for sleep Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyowen View Post
    Hey Winnie, yes I made it to the funeral as my isolation ended Wednesday n not had any symptoms to keep me in longer and even though my wife is still poorly things have changed now cos I got the all clear to go out from track and trace..

It was a lovely service, so Heart breaking and sad though and think it’ll be a long long time if ever that I don’t feel so sad tbh I’m totally crushed and determined to get really healthy to beat this horrible curse of my close family cos my brother was only 55 and that was same age as when my Mum died ����

Thanks for asking ❤️❤️
    Hi Dazzy,

I'm so glad you were able to go the funeral, and that it was a lovely service. They often feel so bitter sweet - a mix of lovely memories, yet the inevitable gut wrenching sadness too.

I've not yet been in your position of having lost immediate family members, so can't give any advice from experience - but when I put myself in your shoes, I can't help but feel the devastation of the loss. One thing, though Dazzy, love never dies, and he will live on in your memories with you I always think the time after the funeral is often the hardest part for many ... I know we are a poor substitute, but we are here for you, my friend.

I'm really glad you are planning on getting super healthy. You can join me - I'm trying to do the same to finally kick long covid's sorry butt. I don't know if it's any motivation, but in my geeky quest for info about health and nutrition I've listened to the likes of Dr Dean Ornish (cardiologist - treated Bill Clinton) saying that you can totally turn your health around and that there are about 500 genes we can turn on or off with nutrition etc. They say genes are absolutely not our destiny. I know it's probably too early for you to deal with now, but I've linked an interview with Dean Ornish and Rich Roll (Rich Roll had drug and alcohol issues but in his 40s got healthy and became an endurance athlete - really inspiring). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGcU9wy8_Dw

I hope your wife starts to feel better soon and your sister's starting to feel less exhausted with the long covid.

Big hug,

Winnie xxx

Dazzy I lost my mom a year ago and whilst I seemed to get over the sorrow a lot sooner than I thought I would, I find myself thinking of & appreciating all of the love and care she gave to us much more than when she was alive. I hope you can take some solace from that and Win's comment that love never dies hits the nail on the head.

Got my Jab today, right on time.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Got my Jab today, right on time.
    That's good to hear, Dave. Which one did you have? How did it go and how are you feeling? Questions questions!

Hey MW, i'm good hope you are too.
    The Jab, nothing to it (on the day) felt a bit tired since but still went for my 5K walk, only issue, my arm were they put the needle in is really tender and hurts if I lie on it in bed, I have the flu jab every year and never had that before.
    Vaccine was the AstraZenica. Next one within the next 3 months. Guess that gives the Gov time to bring out the passport? 🤔

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)