+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheep

The very simple point i make is this,if ST Mirren can manage 25 attempts at the Sheep goal it tell's me one thing the latter are not very good.
    Now if i can work that out then surely the bloated off field staff at Tannadice can bring this to the attention of the manager and he can then say to the players pre-match,"Now listen boys we are Dundee United and they are shyte,we have two players up front who have played for their country so lets get stuck right intae them sheep s haggin barstewards."

I am allowed to dream,the reality will be "Lawerence make sure you pick up a defender at their 15 corners10 long throws and their multiple free kicks."
    I am asking myself what is the FN point of all of this?.BTW i think our forwards are asking the same questions.I'm certain Shankland will take a move away in January to put himself out of his misery and McNulty would happily follow suit if permitted.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 01-01-2021 at 09:18 PM.

Absolutely agree. Seen all sorts of players at utd ,all standards,lots of different managers & setups. Even at our worst I have never seen us set up to do virtually no attacking. I know the unique circumstances we are in & we have been hindered in being able to set up for this season properly but by god its grim to see us offer virtually nothing in so many games

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The very simple point i make is this,if ST Mirren can manage 25 attempts at the Sheep goal it tell's me one thing the latter are not very good.
    Now if i can work that out then surely the bloated off field staff at Tannadice can bring this to the attention of the manager and he can then say to the players pre-match,"Now listen boys we are Dundee United and they are shyte,we have two players up front who have played for their country so lets get stuck right intae them sheep s haggin barstewards."

I am allowed to dream,the reality will be "Lawerence make sure you pick up a defender at their 15 corners10 long throws and their multiple free kicks."
    I am asking myself what is the FN point of all of this?.BTW i think our forwards are asking the same questions.I'm certain Shankland will take a move away in January to put himself out of his misery and McNulty would happily follow suit if permitted.
    You're just going through what Micky calls defensive negative overload (DNO) 😎
    But got to say there's never been a time I wouldn't want to watch the team play

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Absolutely agree. Seen all sorts of players at utd ,all standards,lots of different managers & setups. Even at our worst I have never seen us set up to do virtually no attacking. I know the unique circumstances we are in & we have been hindered in being able to set up for this season properly but by god its grim to see us offer virtually nothing in so many games
    You obviously never seen us from the new year last season then.

Season ticket mate so yes i did. This just seems so much worse to me.

Season ticket mate so yes i did. This just seems so much worse to me.
    Fair enough let's agree to disagree.
    I will agree it's frustrating but there's no guarantee that all out attacking football would have brought more points. And it's points that give you safety in what is a transition season for us. From a financial point of view we just have to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    You obviously never seen us from the new year last season then.
    One win in seven against the mighty Mortons and Arbroaths of this world.

Agreed that we must stay up. But think there is a middle ground between all out attack & what we are playing. Think it would do us the world of good in any games where we have taken the lead to push on a bit & go for more rather than inviting pressure onto us. Hopefully if we get to a point where we look reasonably safe we will see the shackles lifted a bit

How much do the sheep worriers charge for the stream? Not decided if i want to put myself through it or not yet, but if its cheap enough, i might be tempted.

Agreed that we must stay up. But think there is a middle ground between all out attack & what we are playing. Think it would do us the world of good in any games where we have taken the lead to push on a bit & go for more rather than inviting pressure onto us. Hopefully if we get to a point where we look reasonably safe we will see the shackles lifted a bit
    Ironic given its the 'what we are playing' that got us back into the Motherwell game. We started 4-4-2, McMullan the apparent saviour started, everybody on here was happy, we got pummelled for 60 minutes. MM took Robson, then McMullan off (to the dismay of quite a few on here - 'brainfart sub' was one comment), switched to three at the back, we took control, got the equaliser and were very close to snatching the win.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)