+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens Trust

Maybe, like Falkirk FC, American millionaires will be attracted to Queens - seemingly they have nearly completed a deal where the Yanks get a 26 per cent shareholding with an option to take it up to a 45 per cent

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Not sure your comments against the club on social media the last week will help matters.

hay johnny i think people would rather deal with the trust rather than give queens any cash atm while hewitson is in charge ,queens wont get another penny out of me until hewitson is out and by what im seeing on the social media sites im in the majority .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    hay johnny i think people would rather deal with the trust rather than give queens any cash atm while hewitson is in charge ,queens wont get another penny out of me until hewitson is out and by what im seeing on the social media sites im in the majority .
    Hi Francis. Yeh , I’ve read some of the comments but what I don’t understand is you’re not giving a single penny to Hewitson or and board members you’re giving it to the football club which they don’t own.

Withdrawing any payments like weekly draw , half time draw , sponsorship etc only damages our club and not Billy Hewitson.

Hi Francis. Yeh , I’ve read some of the comments but what I don’t understand is you’re not giving a single penny to Hewitson or and board members you’re giving it to the football club which they don’t own.

Withdrawing any payments like weekly draw , half time draw , sponsorship etc only damages our club and not Billy Hewitson.

yes i get you johnny but the only way to get hewitson out is by making the club unviable to him ,he wont evver leave queens while the club can just hover there operating on its own income as he doesnt put a penny in anyways all he does is make proffits off the club hear and there like that peice of land ,he made huge profit out of and queens got a small donation from him for the land then all the repair work around palmy like the flood lights all done by hewitsons firms at minimum cost to who yep you guessed it the club not the chairman ,theres loads of other small scams that hes done ,,only way to get him out is him seeing the fans deserting and you would like to think if he has any feelings for the club he will resign ,,but i think hewitson doesnt care a toss for the club mayself .

for me he either resigns or proves he has queens at heart by investing to push queens forward ,just bobbing along like hes doing now after all the controversy isnt doing queens any favours .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 03-01-2021 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Maybe, like Falkirk FC, American millionaires will be attracted to Queens - seemingly they have nearly completed a deal where the Yanks get a 26 per cent shareholding with an option to take it up to a 45 per cent
    Still may not get the Bairns back up to the top tier of Scottish football.

the shareholders can force him to resign with a simple vote at a club egm is prob the only way to oust him cause i reckon he will dig in and take the club to its knees before he walks himself .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yes i get you johnny but the only way to get hewitson out is by making the club unviable to him ,he wont evver leave queens while the club can just hover there operating on its own income as he doesnt put a penny in anyways all he does is make proffits off the club hear and there like that peice of land ,he made huge profit out of and queens got a small donation from him for the land then all the repair work around palmy like the flood lights all done by hewitsons firms at minimum cost to who yep you guessed it the club not the chairman ,theres loads of other small scams that hes done ,,only way to get him out is him seeing the fans deserting and you would like to think if he has any feelings for the club he will resign ,,but i think hewitson doesnt care a toss for the club mayself .

for me he either resigns or proves he has queens at heart by investing to push queens forward ,just bobbing along like hes doing now after all the controversy isnt doing queens any favours .
    I’m not his biggest fan but to say he’s not put a penny into Queens is completely incorrect. All BOD’s will have ploughed 10’s most probably 100’s of thousands of pounds into the club over the years. You might not want to admit it but without them there would most probably be no club.

I’m not his biggest fan but to say he’s not put a penny into Queens is completely incorrect. All BOD’s will have ploughed 10’s most probably 100’s of thousands of pounds into the club over the years. You might not want to admit it but without them there would most probably be no club.

when someone proves and shows me factually the amount of cash if any that hewitson has personally invested into queen of the south il apologise if its substantial enough for an apology ,iv seen all the finances reported to each agm and not once have i seen any personal investment from our chairman in those reports so il stand my ground and say he aint put a penny in untill someone shows me the written facts of any investments to prove me wrong lol .

and when i say put cash in i mean to push the club forward on the park not any silly off the park nonesense as our club has went backwards in a big way since hewitson took charge .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 03-01-2021 at 08:13 PM.

A quick look under the notes to accounts would pretty much settle this debate, usually note 11 or 12 will detail advances/debits from/to directors. There would then often be further commentary if debt was being written off or converted into equity.

On the main topic afraid I’m in the camp of giving money to the trust instead of direct to queens, ultimately queens still get the money but in buying shares the fans as a whole get a stronger voice which I really can’t see how it could be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy10 View Post
    A quick look under the notes to accounts would pretty much settle this debate, usually note 11 or 12 will detail advances/debits from/to directors. There would then often be further commentary if debt was being written off or converted into equity.

On the main topic afraid I’m in the camp of giving money to the trust instead of direct to queens, ultimately queens still get the money but in buying shares the fans as a whole get a stronger voice which I really can’t see how it could be a bad thing.

Great idea Scott. Let’s give money to a pointless exercise like this Trust share fundraiser rather than directly to OUR football club that hasn’t had a paying supporter through its gates since last March. Well done guys.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)