+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens Trust

life’s about respecting people who have a different view. All good!

Here, here Scottyboy, - I'm totally with you on that one.

Much as I completely respect the Trust and all that John and the rest do, - I suspect that the Trust's work is a along term exercise, and therefore if you want Queens to retain their Championship status then supporting the cub directly and in particularly the tanner fund would be the most sensible thing to do..........in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Here, here Scottyboy, - I'm totally with you on that one.

Much as I completely respect the Trust and all that John and the rest do, - I suspect that the Trust's work is a along term exercise, and therefore if you want Queens to retain their Championship status then supporting the cub directly and in particularly the tanner fund would be the most sensible thing to do..........in my humble opinion.

people have pulled out investing to the tanner fund after gallowaygate ,who in there right mind would invest into queens directly while hewitson is in charge ,anyone that does invest atm needs there head read .

There may not be a club then if that is your stance Francis.

You need to rise above the nonsense of the Gallowaygate fiasco and get a grip for God's sake, - what is more important Queen of the South FC or persisting with some jumped up individual who is only interested in pursuing his own ends and maximising his own self importance?

Come on the Queens.

I personally still contribute to the weekly draw, the Queens Trust and the Tanner fund because I am a supporter of Queen of the South. Have been and always will be regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    There may not be a club then if that is your stance Francis.

You need to rise above the nonsense of the Gallowaygate fiasco and get a grip for God's sake, - what is more important Queen of the South FC or persisting with some jumped up individual who is only interested in pursuing his own ends and maximising his own self importance?

Come on the Queens.

jardi its not only gallowaygate its been 5 or 6 years or more of oppression under hewitson ,this man is slowly killing the club ,queens have done nothing but survive since hewitson took charge and that just aint good enough to keep the fans ,there have already been thousands deserted the club over the last few years queens were building a decent fan base while always challenging at the top end ,id say that fan base has more than halved over the last 5 years im not just talking about the 500 to 1,800 that turn up week in week out im talking about the potential around 10 or so thousand or more those are the people that should matter the most as those are needed for the club to progress ,the way hewitson runs the club he is only scaring them away rather than enticing them to pay to watch ,queens are heading the wrong way under hewitson ,change needs to happen asap before queens get too far out of touch .

Frances the matter of attracting supporters is an extremely complex issue and is not as simple as throwing money at the problem.

It is akin to the High Street if you like, - which has been sadly deserted across the UK in favour of on-line options and live football is a sport in decline due to a plethora of reasons which I'm sure you are aware of.

Queen of the South has lost an awful lot of its core support through old age and for a variety of reasons there are few youngsters with the same passion for the game that many of us on this board have.

Granted, - Mr. Hewitson may not have won a popularity competition, and he'd be the first to accept that statement, - but even with the ever popular Davie Rae at the helm, the numbers of supporters would have continued to decline, - and like the High Street, - and by that I am speaking generically(not just Dumfries High Street), - a skip load of money could be thrown at the problem and the core support base would still decline.

You and others need to avoid the finger pointing (because that's the easy bit - "a big boy did and ran away" ) and instead work on scenarios that actually might help increase the fan base, - that's the really difficult bit.

However, as we are all in a pandemic and cannot attend football matches (unless your surname happens to rhyme with a Virginia Woolf novel "Mrs. Dalloway" ) then we have the time to think through rational strategies that 'might' help the club.

This is not something that can be done overnight, - or even by this time next year, - but if each of us came up with 10 possible ways to increase the fan base over the next 3 to 6 months, - then there might be half a dozen workable solutions that could be brought into play pretty quickly.

Football had changed out of all recognition prior to the pandemic and since March it has evolved beyond the imagination of many of us. Unfortunately, - we don't have the luxury of hundreds of thousands of people within our region, - but we could adopt the Ross County model as one option, together with guessing the potential way that the world might be by the start of next season.

This all sounds like hypothetical ****, - and maybe it is, - but we cannot simply say that Billy Hewitson is to blame and therefore we must get rid of him, - its almost like burning witches in the middle ages - because we're scared or because we think they've done something wrong.

Undoubtedly certain things could have been done better, - but that's easy with the benefit of hindsight, - I would courteously request that we all get our thinking caps on and start seriously thinking how can we grow the club and how can we bring people back to Plamerston - once of course the restrictions have been lifted.

Excellent post Jardi I am Getting a bit tired of Francis's constant negativity and griping about Mr. Hewitson. Despite the chairman's mistakes I feel the positives may outweigh the negatives with the development of the Arena and other income streams, who knows where we would be without that money at the moment. The club may not be setting the heather on fire at the moment but we are miles away from the Harkness era when we were down amongst the dregs of Scottish senior football.

Some good points raised here and even despite the current Pandemic, Queens will continue to face an uphill battle like many similar clubs to get bums on seats.

When you look at the Dumfries and Galloway area the population is declining with a rapid increase in the 65+ age group
    whilst at the same time we have younger people leaving the area for jobs. This will unfortunately diminish our support.

We need a consolidated platform to build on with multiple income streams. I wouldn't want this to happen BUT taking a very big step back and looking at it from an outside investors perspective a single club in Dumfries & Galloway would always be the more attractive proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Guthrie View Post
    Excellent post Jardi I am Getting a bit tired of Francis's constant negativity and griping about Mr. Hewitson. Despite the chairman's mistakes I feel the positives may outweigh the negatives with the development of the Arena and other income streams, who knows where we would be without that money at the moment. The club may not be setting the heather on fire at the moment but we are miles away from the Harkness era when we were down amongst the dregs of Scottish senior football.
    Love him or loathe him Hewitson probably put more money into Queens last year than the like of Francis has in his lifetime.
    He may not be Mr Popular but without him we’d be absolutely screwed.

I’m still waiting for all these local businessmen to come along and take over..... !!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)