+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QP vs. QOS Scottish Cup 2nd Round

I thought Queens were excellent last night and I also thought that Alan Johnson's interview after the match was a breath of fresh air- so well done to the manager too. It seems as though he took heed of the genuine criticism levelled at him and has worked hard to get the team fit and introduce more enthusiasm into his interviews. We had players all over the park working as though their lives depended upon it, - and that's what really matters, - a complete difference to the shambolic, couldn't care less performance against ICT a few weeks ago.

Keep it up Queens.

I always thought that AJ had Queens at heart; in reality, I suppose he was generally handicapped by his inadequate and unfortunate budget.

I know that a new team of players takes time to gel, but he has always tried to be upbeat giving his post match interviews. Whether he has been reading the message boards or being advised from elsewhere, he is indeed a determined man.

AJ was admirably commended and adored by many as he returned Queens to the Championship at first attempt. How fickle are we as fans to be so unsupportive in his time of need! Looking back, our long term centre half and Queens legend JT was slated “big time” by us lot as he struggled to manage the club throughout difficult times.

We seem to be on a good run currently, let’s enjoy it while we can and start to unite and post more positively while it continues.

Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I thought Queens were excellent last night and I also thought that Alan Johnson's interview after the match was a breath of fresh air- so well done to the manager too. It seems as though he took heed of the genuine criticism levelled at him and has worked hard to get the team fit and introduce more enthusiasm into his interviews. We had players all over the park working as though their lives depended upon it, - and that's what really matters, - a complete difference to the shambolic, couldn't care less performance against ICT a few weeks ago.

Keep it up Queens.
    The recent performances have demonstrated that we have some quite decent players in the squad and the application is now where it should have been earlier. Let's kick on now with a degree of confidence on the back of the recent wins and coupled with some new additions then the top half of the league is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    The recent performances have demonstrated that we have some quite decent players in the squad and the application is now where it should have been earlier. Let's kick on now with a degree of confidence on the back of the recent wins and coupled with some new additions then the top half of the league is not beyond the realms of possibility.
    Queens upturn in form has improved since Dobbie's injury with Shields now playing as the main striker.

Can only see us getting better. It's a 10 pointer against Arbroath.🤩

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
    Can only see us getting better. It's a 10 pointer against Arbroath.��
    A home win over the Red Lichties would open up a big gap from them at the foot of the table.

Surprised that no - one - unless I have missed it - mentioned our commercial manager wee Danny Armstrong was on the sub goalkeeper
    bench against Queens Park with Leighfield injured (again) and Cowie cup - tied

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Surprised that no - one - unless I have missed it - mentioned our commercial manager wee Danny Armstrong was on the sub goalkeeper
    bench against Queens Park with Leighfield injured (again) and Cowie cup - tied
    My goodness I didn't spot that. Maybe we recall Cowie from Dalbeatie star and knock Jack down the pecking order until his injury is sorted. Is Danny even registered as a player?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
    My goodness I didn't spot that. Maybe we recall Cowie from Dalbeatie star and knock Jack down the pecking order until his injury is sorted. Is Danny even registered as a player?
    That's the 64 Million Dollar question?

Cowie was cup tied played in Scottish cup with Dalbeattie Star..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)