+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jason Knight on his way?

10M would be an absolute minimum for me. He is worth more than Bogle IMO and he was probably the lion's share of the combined £11M deal with Lowe.

Having said that, we would greatly miss his energy and he is the only player I can think of, here or elsewhere, looking capable of filling the "Bryson role" as long as the other players around him are lacking real pace. Real pace being the reason Bird and Sibley will be very good SBC level players but not influential players in the PL, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    10M would be an absolute minimum for me. He is worth more than Bogle IMO and he was probably the lion's share of the combined £11M deal with Lowe.

Having said that, we would greatly miss his energy and he is the only player I can think of, here or elsewhere, looking capable of filling the "Bryson role" as long as the other players around him are lacking real pace. Real pace being the reason Bird and Sibley will be very good SBC level players but not influential players in the PL, IMO.
    Agree 100% with that. Tbh the two youngsters I have the highest hopes for are Buchanan and MacDonald...surprised we haven’t seen more of the latter, even just as a sub, since Brentford.

If the club sell him for a pittance I'll give up with the whole club

Looks like a claret and blue conspiracy. The first rumour was Burnlem then Palarse and now Wet Spam. Just need the Villa for the set.......

Looks like a claret and blue conspiracy. The first rumour was Burnlem then Palarse and now Wet Spam. Just need the Villa for the set.......
    The more the better from our point of view. I do admire Jason Knight and maybe I’m missing something, but his best quality seems to be his ‘engine’...his work rate, determination and whole heartedness. Must admit I’d want more for £10m.

Claret tinted spectacles there MA, palace haven’t worn claret since before Bobby Bell’s OG in 71

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Claret tinted spectacles there MA, palace haven’t worn claret since before Bobby Bell’s OG in 71
    They did, indeed, change to the current red and blue in 1973 but, as claret is a red, I claim to still be correct

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    I disagree. If we can get a good price, then let him go and we can spend the cash on someone proven, we're not in a position to hold onto someone with potential.
    Thats true to an extent, but we really can't afford to lose a decent player now and then hope we can find a better replacement. How many times have we done that over the years to the clubs detriment?

if the takeover is imminent and with it comes funds, then we don't have to sell.

What takeovers that then Swale??!!
    It could be the Telly Tubbies for all we know about Sheikh Rattle and Roll!

Leeds in for Knight and Sibley?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)