+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Striker, who would you sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don't know whether the "hilarious" bit was because Notts78 thinks Hemmings is cr@p or because he thinks we have no chance of getting him (which the poster he replied to had already said). I think he would be a brilliant signing, he's way too good for this level.
    Neither actually. It was more the dig that we got rid when we shouldn’t. The new owners were desperate to cut the wage bill. We are still trying to balance the books but some think that we are minted. Hemmings wouldn’t come because we wouldn’t or couldn’t offer him enough dollar.
    Maybe 18 months ago we should have discarded Dennis instead?

We are still trying to balance the books but some think that we are minted.
    But allegedly the Brothers father is

Lad at Leamington knocking a few in lately, might be worth a look

With Dennis going we should have kept Scott Wilson, looked really composed in front of goal and still in his late 20's (28 on monday next week). Can't remember if we offered him a contract or not but he was retained for the play off squad. He's now at Dagenham although he has made 11 appearances and scored 2 goals. That said the service he would have got from Notts I'm sure he would have had a good few goals for us already this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    With Dennis going we should have kept Scott Wilson, looked really composed in front of goal and still in his late 20's (28 on monday next week). Can't remember if we offered him a contract or not but he was retained for the play off squad. He's now at Dagenham although he has made 11 appearances and scored 2 goals. That said the service he would have got from Notts I'm sure he would have had a good few goals for us already this season.
    I agree a replacement for Dennis was needed.

I still think the answer could already lie within the club already in Knowles. If we can retain his services for the remainder of the season. Your stats must show he has an excellent goal to minutes ratio. Likewise he knows how to finish so must also have a decent shot to goals ratio. .
    I guess if he was to play alongside Wootton it means you sacrifice a midfielder, but would that not be the case when Thomas is back?

Thomas and Roberts back, Knowles loan extended and a replacement for Dennis would really give us some firepower for the second half of the season.

Much to Young !
    Cue the specials !!!!

Cloughie might want him back to have a look at him.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I agree a replacement for Dennis was needed.

I still think the answer could already lie within the club already in Knowles. If we can retain his services for the remainder of the season. Your stats must show he has an excellent goal to minutes ratio. Likewise he knows how to finish so must also have a decent shot to goals ratio. .
    I guess if he was to play alongside Wootton it means you sacrifice a midfielder, but would that not be the case when Thomas is back?

Thomas and Roberts back, Knowles loan extended and a replacement for Dennis would really give us some firepower for the second half of the season.
    A goal every 82 mins and a goal contribution every 62 mins … https://www.nottscountystats.com/players-2020-21

A goal every 82 mins and a goal contribution every 62 mins … https://www.nottscountystats.com/players-2020-21
    No chance
    much to young !
    Cue the Specials !

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Tshimanga. Best young striker in non-league Snap him up before somebody else does.
    Not a bad call that, depending on our budget. At 23 he's young and hungry and just beginning to mature into a prolific goal scorer. And you would presume a move from Boreham Wood to Notts County would be attractive to him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast