+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Striker, who would you sign?

New Striker, who would you sign?

If you were in charge and could sign an available striker, who would you sign?

Arthur Scargill

Andy Carroll.

Doesn't really matter, he won't play them if he signs them.

Kane Hemmings. Remember him? We should never have got rid of him, still banging them in for a poor Burton side. No chance of getting someone of his calibre though

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    Kane Hemmings. Remember him? We should never have got rid of him, still banging them in for a poor Burton side. No chance of getting someone of his calibre though
    Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Hilarious.
    I think you’re being a bit unkind to her ladyship.

His 14 goals for Notts in the 2018/19 season are on a par with our strikers’ returns last season.

We allegedly paid £100,000 for him on a two-year deal but let him go at a time when we were in dire financial straits.

Having said that, I don’t think he’s the answer (stats don't tell the whole story), or Andy Carroll as Laxton suggested, tongue in cheek I suspect. The treatment table’s busy enough as it is.

And although there aren’t many strikers around with Arthur Scargill’s record I don’t think Banjo’s suggestion is the answer either. He’d be too disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I think you’re being a bit unkind to her ladyship.

His 14 goals for Notts in the 2018/19 season are on a par with our strikers’ returns last season.

We allegedly paid £100,000 for him on a two-year deal but let him go at a time when we were in dire financial straits.
    I don't know whether the "hilarious" bit was because Notts78 thinks Hemmings is cr@p or because he thinks we have no chance of getting him (which the poster he replied to had already said). I think he would be a brilliant signing, he's way too good for this level.

Tshimanga. Best young striker in non-league Snap him up before somebody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    Doesn't really matter, he won't play them if he signs them.
    Correct...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast