+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Get A Grip Boris

My take is that we are poor at following the rules. In fact I would go further and say that it is age related. Those under 55 (my arbitrary cut off) do not like being told what to do in any event.
    Maybe it is related to the fact that those who have a direct connection with the 2nd WW, i.e. those whose parents lived though it and told the tale, understand better and accept the concept that our ‘rights’ do need to be reluctantly curtailed in certain circumstances.
    I’ve reluctantly asked, politely, a few non adherents why ? Responses generally been a non aggressive ‘yeah, yeah smile’ ...inferring MY stupidity.
    For me, the essential criteria is that each one of us must assume that we are Covid carriers and therefore adopt whatever necessary to protect others. Unfortunately non adherence needs strong policing. Not popular I’m sure !

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    My take is that we are poor at following the rules. In fact I would go further and say that it is age related. Those under 55 (my arbitrary cut off) do not like being told what to do in any event.
    Maybe it is related to the fact that those who have a direct connection with the 2nd WW, i.e. those whose parents lived though it and told the tale, understand better and accept the concept that our ‘rights’ do need to be reluctantly curtailed in certain circumstances.
    I’ve reluctantly asked, politely, a few non adherents why ? Responses generally been a non aggressive ‘yeah, yeah smile’ ...inferring MY stupidity.
    For me, the essential criteria is that each one of us must assume that we are Covid carriers and therefore adopt whatever necessary to protect others. Unfortunately non adherence needs strong policing. Not popular I’m sure !
    I'm with you, each generation seems to be getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post

You are right Prando! Only seems like this in the UK as we are far too soft!!!

In the US - youngsters in fast food places clear up after themselves - they say your welcome after saying thank you - they say please and thank you - they open doors - they don't generally go out and getting pissed out of their heads.

It's called respect! May in this country think they are owed a living and are the scum of the earth! Can you imagine in many other countries showing disrespect to a member of the police force? Many are addressed as Sir! Respect again!

In this country people do as they want and immigrants that come in on dinghies get better meals than our old folk!

The media have given people false hope that once they get the jab problem solved.
    The Times the other day had the headline get vaccinated and holiday at Easter.
    The vaccine manufacturers have said that it might give 70% protection against people developing a severe strain, but that after the jab they would still have to wear a mask and social distance, so no change.
    People are so fed up they are desperate for a wonder drug, they would take anything that promised immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    The media have given people false hope that once they get the jab problem solved.
    The Times the other day had the headline get vaccinated and holiday at Easter.
    The vaccine manufacturers have said that it might give 70% protection against people developing a severe strain, but that after the jab they would still have to wear a mask and social distance, so no change.
    People are so fed up they are desperate for a wonder drug, they would take anything that promised immunity.
    Des where do you get the 70% from? All the currently approved vaccines provide an astonishing 90%-95% protection rate after 2 doses. As for people having to wear a mask afterwards, yes until the vaccine provides you with effective immunity you are still vulnerable and at this point it is not 100% clear whether the vaccine stops you from passing on the virus, however the vaccine will certainly reduce any viral load (that’s the amount of virus your body excretes) and it is more likely than unlikely that the vaccine will prevent you from becoming a spreader once you have an effective immune response, however this is not something that can be confirmed until a largeR proportion of the population have been vaccinated.
    Please let’s stick to facts when talking about Covid, far to much bobhollux out there already..

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Des where do you get the 70% from? All the currently approved vaccines provide an astonishing 90%-95% protection rate after 2 doses. As for people having to wear a mask afterwards, yes until the vaccine provides you with effective immunity you are still vulnerable and at this point it is not 100% clear whether the vaccine stops you from passing on the virus, however the vaccine will certainly reduce any viral load (that’s the amount of virus your body excretes) and it is more likely than unlikely that the vaccine will prevent you from becoming a spreader once you have an effective immune response, however this is not something that can be confirmed until a largeR proportion of the population have been vaccinated.
    Please let’s stick to facts when talking about Covid, far to much bobhollux out there already..
    I’m so glad you responded with the facts P67, hearing about it being 70% effective (especially on wba mad) only muddles away from the actual statements made by these pharmaceutical companies. Do i believe 55 or these pharma companies? Sorry 55 but the pharma companies here wins.
    55 - not sure where you are getting your facts from but you are starting to seem more and more unpredictable stating false facts?

The head of astra zeneca said for his children’s wish (or something) he wanted something like a billions vaccines to go to the poor nations children or his kids would never forgive them. I’m glad people are being out before profit - so not a money making scheme as some might suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I’m so glad you responded with the facts P67, hearing about it being 70% effective (especially on wba mad) only muddles away from the actual statements made by these pharmaceutical companies. Do i believe 55 or these pharma companies? Sorry 55 but the pharma companies here wins.
    55 - not sure where you are getting your facts from but you are starting to seem more and more unpredictable stating false facts?

The head of astra zeneca said for his children’s wish (or something) he wanted something like a billions vaccines to go to the poor nations children or his kids would never forgive them. I’m glad people are being out before profit - so not a money making scheme as some might suggest.

People can talk themselves out of the facts Regis but hey - my f uckin arm is ready and waiting

When the interim trial results were made public in a press release about a fortnight ago, the researchers reported three efficacy levels for the vaccine - an overall effectiveness of 70%, a lower one of 62% and a high of 90%.
    That's because different doses of the vaccine were used in one part of the trial. Some volunteers were given shots that were half the strength than originally planned.
    Yet that "wrong" dose turned out to be a winner - giving 90% protection - while two standard doses gave 62%.
    Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid vaccine 'dosing error' explained
    The Lancet report reveals 1,367 people - out of many thousands in the trial - received the half dose followed by a full dose, which gave them 90% protection against getting ill with Covid-19.
    The relatively small numbers in this group mean it is hard to draw firm conclusions.

The above quote has been copied from the BBC news site for background to these figures quoted. All in all though the numbers are very encouraging but as the article says difficult to draw firm conclusions due to the low numbers.

I think it’s easy to criticise. Anyone in Government now would face the same problems. The science changes the Government responds. Those who don’t like the government or just want to “have a go” call this U turns. It’s so predictable. I support the Government, Wear a mask, keep a distance, follow direction. The ones who should be criticised are those who ignore all the advice. It wouldn’t matter what party was in right now. You support.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You are right Prando! Only seems like this in the UK as we are far too soft!!!

In the US - youngsters in fast food places clear up after themselves - they say your welcome after saying thank you - they say please and thank you - they open doors - they don't generally go out and getting pissed out of their heads.

It's called respect! May in this country think they are owed a living and are the scum of the earth! Can you imagine in many other countries showing disrespect to a member of the police force? Many are addressed as Sir! Respect again!

In this country people do as they want and immigrants that come in on dinghies get better meals than our old folk!
    I found the kids and youth element in Australia to be the same as you mention for the Yanks mate.

Polite, helpful, engaging and grown up beyond their years.

How have we ended up with such a bunch of t w a t s for youngsters?

Have we reaped what we’ve sewn with our welfare state and with our overly “PC” and now “Woke” culture?

In general I find out youth to be far too overly opinionated for their life experience, I think soft parenting and the failure to confront you’re own children for their shortcomings is a big part of the problem.

BaggieAl knows of the huge problems I’ve had with my own son, I have never kept this hidden from family and friends and I’ve had to be honest with myself, my son and everyone who knows us.

Too much “*****footing” in general in this country, all its done is breed a nation of 13 - 40 year olds who despise their own country, their own parents as well as making them supercilious and self superior.

For as long as I’m around my own grandchildren will be dealt with by me in the same way my parents and grandparents dealt with me ( minus the smacking) and they’ll either like it or lump it.

My one daughter is a single mother and I’m incredibly proud of how she brings up three year old Leo.

Everyone remarks at how well mannered and polite he is, that’s because she or me pull him up every single time a please or thank you is required.

I said “ thank you” to him for something the other day and he surprised me by replying.....”you’re welcome” 😎😆😆

It just takes a bit of effort to maintain standards but in this country parenting is too lazy in my opinion.

I would so love to live in Australia for 3-6 months a year.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)