+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I missed the 1st couple of mins

I missed the 1st couple of mins

Of the match on Saturday and wasn't aware the players "took the knee".

Anybody any theories why this was as I thought this was stopped....pressure from BBC?.....pressure from hearts?....us trying to "look good" on tv.

Anyone have any rationale explanation?

Can only be appeasement for the snowflakes watching on TV, no other explanation possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Can only be appeasement for the snowflakes watching on TV, no other explanation possible.
    Serious question.

Someone came to you're place of work and insisted you went down on bended knee for a political party who want to defund the police and plaçe race at the forefront of British politics......would you do it?

I wouldn't, I just don't understand why there ain't at least two or three players who can think for themselves and say sorry not for me.....fear of losing job, fear of not being selected, fear of the mob?

I was once threatened in a workplace for failing to enrol in forced fun.....ie a blow football tournament when I had work to do.

I now think that the consequences for someone saying "nah I'm no doing that" must be so severe that they just go along with it.

I'm very interested why DFC felt obliged to do this after so long not doing it.

Will we see a repeat at bonnyrigg game?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Serious question.

Someone came to you're place of work and insisted you went down on bended knee for a political party who want to defund the police and plaçe race at the forefront of British politics......would you do it?

I wouldn't, I just don't understand why there ain't at least two or three players who can think for themselves and say sorry not for me.....fear of losing job, fear of not being selected, fear of the mob?

I was once threatened in a workplace for failing to enrol in forced fun.....ie a blow football tournament when I had work to do.

I now think that the consequences for someone saying "nah I'm no doing that" must be so severe that they just go along with it.

I'm very interested why DFC felt obliged to do this after so long not doing it.

Will we see a repeat at bonnyrigg game?
    Short answer is no.

But the I'm not in the public eye and am not employed by someone that's looking for money from that visitor.

I was once threatened at work for refusing to join a union, I told them I didn't need their union only to be told that my car might need new tyres if I didn't join. Didn't stop me telling the fascist ******* to get tae **** out of my face.

I believe it should be an individual choice but anyone refusing to do so in a football environment is likely to be pilloried in the press for having their own thoughts. How very dare they?

Possibly have to be done at the Bonnyrigg game to appease the snowflakes again.

I believe once fans are back and the booing really starts it'll be abandoned pretty quickly.

Short answer is no.

But the I'm not in the public eye and am not employed by someone that's looking for money from that visitor.

I was once threatened at work for refusing to join a union, I told them I didn't need their union only to be told that my car might need new tyres if I didn't join. Didn't stop me telling the fascist ******* to get tae **** out of my face.

I believe it should be an individual choice but anyone refusing to do so in a football environment is likely to be pilloried in the press for having their own thoughts. How very dare they?

Possibly have to be done at the Bonnyrigg game to appease the snowflakes again.

I believe once fans are back and the booing really starts it'll be abandoned pretty quickly.
    Cheers for the reply.

See I am that stubborn with things like this that I do think it will result in me not going if this guff is still going on when we get back to games next season (summer only)....and although it's only a tenner to dfc through the foundation that will be getting cancelled tomorrow.

I just cannot give monetary support (sounds guid for a tenner &#128513 to an organisation that supports such nonsense.....I let it slide before
    because it was raw at the time but two months of not doing it then 're starting because the cameras are there....nah no for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Cheers for the reply.

See I am that stubborn with things like this that I do think it will result in me not going if this guff is still going on when we get back to games next season (summer only)....and although it's only a tenner to dfc through the foundation that will be getting cancelled tomorrow.

I just cannot give monetary support (sounds guid for a tenner ��) to an organisation that supports such nonsense.....I let it slide before
    because it was raw at the time but two months of not doing it then 're starting because the cameras are there....nah no for me.
    I agree with you, very difficult to contribute to the club if they're blindly accepting a requirement to kow tow to an organisation intent on getting its message over via violence, destruction and social disorder.

I've never eaten a thing from McDonald's since their support for the IRA was 'exposed' and I never will again, would rather starve than support terrorism. This is despite the fact that the support reported was later rubbished - the connection's still there in my head.

See, I'm a stubborn old ******* too.

I agree with you, very difficult to contribute to the club if they're blindly accepting a requirement to kow tow to an organisation intent on getting its message over via violence, destruction and social disorder.

I've never eaten a thing from McDonald's since their support for the IRA was 'exposed' and I never will again, would rather starve than support terrorism. This is despite the fact that the support reported was later rubbished - the connection's still there in my head.

See, I'm a stubborn old ******* too.
    I stopped using Gillette blades after their black men are great white men are ****s adverts.

Difficult but everytime I have a shave I feel pretty chuffed with myself.

Stubborness is a much undervalued trait.

Wheresas auld *******s are much over valued.😉

Glad to hear that there are other stubborn buggers on here.
    During my working life, I was threatened with my job five times, for not conforming.
    Twice with French companies, twice with American companies ,and once with a British company.
    On each occasion I called there bluff.
    Strangest one ,was refusing to take a handwriting test.( your handwriting was then analysed.)
    The owner of the French company was a " GAULLIST " who thought the French were superior to the British.!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)