+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: o/t Getting my covid 19 jab on Thursday

The haystacked headed cnt has failed.

Ings scored there against Liverpool. Now theres a striker.

Good to hear Pat.

Not sure I totally agree with you but I admire your reasoning

I get Bill's reasoning as the younger crowd are probably the biggest spreaders but given the option I would stick my arm out as soon as I could, no problem.

As it goes, I was listening to a leading virologist on 5Live and he said we need to target the spreaders first so that the virus stops spreading so much.

The end is very much in sight. The economy, your jobs, your children's education, your mental health. All finished.

Figures from mid December-
    Under 60 deaths @ 3000
    Over 60 and vulnerable @ 40000

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    Figures from mid December-
    Under 60 deaths @ 3000
    Over 60 and vulnerable @ 40000
    But have we got access to the figures for the number of carriers from the under 60's as opposed to the number of carriers among the over 60's

The over 60's are much less mobile and thus do much less mixing with very little contact with one another and therefore have become vulnerable to catching the disease from the younger carriers.

If you look at it logically then the younger the person is the more mixing with contacting they do. They don't necessarily
    get the disease themselves but carry it and pass it on to older members in the family circle.

It's the old juggling with figures which are actual fact. Thus if 10% of fatal accidents were caused by drunken drivers does that mean logically if we then ban sober drivers you would cut down fatalities by 90%. I think not.

My argument is to innoculate those at greater risk of carrying and spreading the disease to those who are vulnerable to get it.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 05-01-2021 at 11:08 AM.

We're having a lot of restrictions effectuated now because of this new mutation coming from the UK. Scary stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    But have we got access to the figures for the number of carriers from the under 60's as opposed to the number of carriers among the over 60's

The over 60's are much less mobile and thus do much less mixing with very little contact with one another and therefore have become vulnerable to catching the disease from the younger carriers.

If you look at it logically then the younger the person is the more mixing with contacting they do. They don't necessarily
    get the disease themselves but carry it and pass it on to older members in the family circle.

It's the old juggling with figures which are actual fact. Thus if 10% of fatal accidents were caused by drunken drivers does that mean logically if we then ban sober drivers you would cut down fatalities by 90%. I think not.

My argument is to innoculate those at greater risk of carrying and spreading the disease to those who are vulnerable to get it.
    I get your reasoning, but im not sure that the vaccine stops people spreading the virus ?
    It doesn't stop you getting it either, just minimises how severely ill you might become.

have to say, like virtually everything else - the south seems to be much further ahead with vaccinations than the rest of the country.
    that's an observation purely from people on facebook saying their parents/relatives etc have been vaccinated - all southerners - no northerners. I heard my first one up here today - he's getting his on friday.

just seems like the roll out happened much quicker and sooner down there than up here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)