+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: o/t Getting my covid 19 jab on Thursday

the vaccine should stop the virus from getting a grip in your body and without it multipling it wont spread - it worked for small pox and polio - but as the target for injections is 2 million a week and there's about 55 million below 60 thats about 27 weeks thats a lot of weeks for over 60s - as the major serious cases are above 60 by injecting them so cutting the death rate or do we inject the younger ones in the hope the deaths will stop?

Glad you`re getting the jab Pat, I`n in 4th tier being extremely clinically vulnerable. My understanding is that the vaccine reduces the chances of getting the virus, and can stop it developing as badly but I don`t think there`s any evidence it stops anyone transmitting it. Stay as safe as you can everybody

Israel is one to watch as they are ahead of everyone in the vaccine roll-out.

Heard today that five months ago in the UK the infection rate was one in nine hundred and today it is one in fifty. Hell of a jump !

Respiratory diseases thrive in winter. We are testing more people and the tests are unreliable (false positives) I was offered a flu jab despite it having virtually disappeared (it hasn't)

There's a heck of a long way to go yet.
    they don't even seem to have started the over 90's up here yet never mind anyone else.

I'm in the 5th group - so god knows when it will be safe for me ha if ever.

Pat make sure you come on the board tonight so we can see you are still alive ha

Quote Originally Posted by coastferret View Post
    Glad you`re getting the jab Pat, I`n in 4th tier being extremely clinically vulnerable. My understanding is that the vaccine reduces the chances of getting the virus, and can stop it developing as badly but I don`t think there`s any evidence it stops anyone transmitting it. Stay as safe as you can everybody
    In answer to your call June.

Just returned home after getting the Pfizer jab and then waiting in the departure area for 15 mins to make sure there was no reaction.

It was done in the local authority offices just next to the health centre and very well organised but never in my life have I seen such a number of wrinklies gathered in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    In answer to your call June.

Just returned home after getting the Pfizer jab and then waiting in the departure area for 15 mins to make sure there was no reaction.

It was done in the local authority offices just next to the health centre and very well organised but never in my life have I seen such a number of wrinklies gathered in one place.
    hah keep checking in lol

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    There's a heck of a long way to go yet.
    they don't even seem to have started the over 90's up here yet never mind anyone else.

I'm in the 5th group - so god knows when it will be safe for me ha if ever.

Pat make sure you come on the board tonight so we can see you are still alive ha
    well there you go
    i should have voiced my concerns sooner

got the call - 92 year old aunt getting hers on saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    well there you go
    i should have voiced my concerns sooner

got the call - 92 year old aunt getting hers on saturday.
    Good for her. There were a few 90-year-olds at the session I attended this morning and they were chatting and giggling like a bunch of school girls. Good to see them so excited.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)