+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: o/t Getting my covid 19 jab on Thursday

Worth a listen....

HTTPS://youtu.be/BCHX5rKL7FU

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Worth a listen....

HTTPS://youtu.be/BCHX5rKL7FU
    A very interesting listen which answers a lot of questions.

My daughter who is a GP had hers this morning.She says she feels fine but for the inclination to buy a load of microsoft products.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Don't get me wrong as I'm very grateful to be getting it early but I do feel they have all the priorities wrong.

I think the idea of doing the oldies first is to hopefully relieve the threat of the N.H.S. being overwhelmed by the vulnerable going down, but my thoughts are somewhat opposite to this.

I think it would be fairer to leave the oldies till later as the most vulnerable of these must-have surely caught it during the first phase and sadly passed on.

I think that the youngsters, who rarely catch it but will be most likely the biggest carriers, due to them closely mixing should be given the jabs first along with teachers who most need the protection from them.

Closely followed by all medical and nursing staff as well as carers of the elderly, essential workers coming next followed by people of working age to get the economy on a level footing.

After this would be the time to deal with the remainder of the population.

Following this pattern would surely slow the attack of the virus down as well as getting the country back onto a normal footing.

Everything ok Bill ?

Everything ok Bill ?
    Yes, fine Kal. Didn't feel a thing and none of the reactions they said may follow. They reckon I'll get an email for the second one in a few weeks.

I was very impressed by the setup at the local authority offices in Oxted where it was carried out. I had an 0810 appointment and there must have been at least 50 attending at that time. Some waiting for their appt, a half dozen or so in the chair being inoculated and 20 or 30 done but waiting the mandatory 15 mins in case of an early reaction.

There were dozens of well trained young staff at every stage and everyone helpful and good humoured.

One of my close neighbours says she is wary of having it but I would certainly recommend to anyone unsure.

Good that the allergic reactions are rare. Let's get the vulnerable vaccinated asap.

Good that the allergic reactions are rare. Let's get the vulnerable vaccinated asap.
    my aunt, 92 had it on saturday and she hasn't even got a sore arm or anything - so far.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    my aunt, 92 had it on saturday and she hasn't even got a sore arm or anything - so far.
    Good for her. When I had mine last week at Tandridge council offices, there was a group of really elderly lady wrinklies, I would imagine most well into their 90's, and obviously, most knew one another, waiting the mandatory 15 minutes before being allowed to leave were having a whale of a time and just like a bunch of young schoolgirls with their excitement. It was refreshing to witness.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)