+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t Getting my covid 19 jab on Thursday

o/t Getting my covid 19 jab on Thursday

Don't get me wrong as I'm very grateful to be getting it early but I do feel they have all the priorities wrong.

I think the idea of doing the oldies first is to hopefully relieve the threat of the N.H.S. being overwhelmed by the vulnerable going down, but my thoughts are somewhat opposite to this.

I think it would be fairer to leave the oldies till later as the most vulnerable of these must-have surely caught it during the first phase and sadly passed on.

I think that the youngsters, who rarely catch it but will be most likely the biggest carriers, due to them closely mixing should be given the jabs first along with teachers who most need the protection from them.

Closely followed by all medical and nursing staff as well as carers of the elderly, essential workers coming next followed by people of working age to get the economy on a level footing.

After this would be the time to deal with the remainder of the population.

Following this pattern would surely slow the attack of the virus down as well as getting the country back onto a normal footing.

You want to vaccinate those with less chance of getting ill and/or dying from covid first? Glad you’re not in charge Pat 😆.
    You’re right though the priority is to take as much strain as possible off the NHS, hence, the plan being put into action.

Well, whatever the rights and wrongs of who has priority, good on you, Bill...glad to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    You want to vaccinate those with less chance of getting ill and/or dying from covid first? Glad you’re not in charge Pat ��.
    You’re right though the priority is to take as much strain as possible off the NHS, hence, the plan being put into action.
    I don't agree that the ones I stated have the least chance of getting ill from covid. when the dust settles and all of the analysis is done I'll wager the youngsters, who are the least vulnerable will be found to be the most dangerous carriers thus putting at risk mainly their teachers and their parents.

Let's wait and see. That is unless you have misunderstood my reasoning.

That's a nice way to start the new year. Must be a relief

Good news Bill

Call me cynical and suspicious, but I'm not convinced that this vaccine will be the silver bullet.

Whatever jab they got in China, thats what I want. 24 new cases in total yesterday there.

Does this jab cover the new strain, and will we need to get it every year now going forward? Like the flu jab.

A Prime Minister drunk with power !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)