+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manager in 48 hours...

Manager in 48 hours...

Apparently we are rushing after all...
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55546870

I don't think they have any alternative. The new man in before Saturday makes sense and allows a further 3 weeks of transfer window activity.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    I don't think they have any alternative. The new man in before Saturday makes sense and allows a further 3 weeks of transfer window activity.
    Totally agree Jwok only sensible option to get it done ASAP in the position we are in at present

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Totally agree Jwok only sensible option to get it done ASAP in the position we are in at present
    Tommy Wright for me - a shedload of experience in the league we're in and enough of a track record in getting the most out of the players he had.

NOT Tommy Wright for me as before know it … domestic GBH Edinburgh Haymarket Bridge and a court case cos lonely living alone and signing his weans on year contract. We need someone fresh idea's.
    Last edited by dasdeid; 06-01-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Wednesday night's odds...

Name:  odds.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  9.5 KB

Not unhappy with Alexander but there's an element of short-term risk there you think Wright doesn't have - not least because Fleetwood and Salford have/had reputations for flashing cash he clearly won't get with us. Perhaps the potential for more reward is there too though tbh if you offered us Wright's identical record in league and both cups with St Johnstone for us in the coming years you'd be thrilled to have it.

A good quote on one of the other boards (Steelmen or PieandBovril, I forget which) said "Wright is the manager we should appoint, Alexander is the manager we would like to appoint," which sums things up perfectly for me. Lasley, despite what some say, is not the easy option - Wright is the easy option, it would be universally hailed in the media and accepted by 90% of the support.

But perhaps we shouldn't be surprised - if you discount McGhee's second term as a technicality, as far as I can see the last time we appointed a manager with top-flight Scottish experience was Bobby Watson in 1983...

Alexander as Handsome_Devil alludes to has had money to spend at his two previous clubs and failed to set the heather on fire. I don’t see what he will be able to do for us with our very limited budget But if he is appointed I hope he proves me totally wrong. However Wright has worked under tight constraints at St. Johnstone and had some success. He also knows the Scottish game and with current Covid problems hindering players coming from England to play here He will at least have some players identified in Scotland we should be looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    Wednesday night's odds...

Name:  odds.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  9.5 KB
    Take from the odds quoted that Gary Holt was never considered

The odds reflect money placed rather than chance.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)