+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reilly away, Bennet stays

Reilly away, Bennet stays

A good bit of business that. I’m assuming that freeing up Reilly’s wage gave Beech a few more quid to play with and some off it has been used to keep Bennett. A promotion (if the season finishes) could even tempt him to stay beyond the end of the season and I’m sure that he’d do well in L1 if we manage to get there. Reilly off may even be a hint that Kayode will stay - no guarantees though. And if Hunt stays at Yeovil we could have enough for at least a couple of additions. A good start to the year.

I have just looked at the table and to my surprise Carlisle are top. It wont last though, the next three teams are better. Genetically Carlisle are a clogging team, fighters, foulers, time wasters, moaners, blamers, with little if any talent.

Well done on that score, not everyone can go top on the basis of footballing terrorism. And considering your eternal failure, much like Cambridge, it must feel good.

That is if you regard div 2, or more accurately, div 4 as worth winning. I suppose any feather in your cap is better than none at all. So celebrate, sup a shandy, make out the rest of the footballing world cares. And someone somewhere, not a carlillian, does.

When you start to nose dive, i will be there. When you lose your ground, i will be there. When the tears start i will be there......

Saying things like never mind, it will all come out in the wash, its not the end, poor dear, can i make a cup of tea, and,....the prem is just around the corner.

Bless you all.

Reilly’s signed for Livingston, currently 5th in the SPL. Says a lot, really.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)