+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Baggies Trivia

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    He lived in Hagley 68, I used to see him in the Hagley Cafe.

First team debut at 16 and died a couple of years ago aged 94.

Saw him run across the main road at 93 to beat the traffic😆😆😎

5 ft 5 inches tall and like a whippet in his youth I gather, a formidable tennis player and golfer until very late in life and a real gent.
    Morning Mick. Charlie Wilson. Yes, I cheated and used Google. Source: the Albion official site followed by further reading on Wiki' this morning.

He clearly loved his football. Pity he blotted his copy book by going on to later play for the Vile in 1933 but then most of us have skeletons hidden away somewhere.

Ed: Nope, just checked and Charlie Wilson died aged 79 (according to Wiki). Further reading required on my part.

I think I know Mick but I am not going to say as I looked in my 'little book'.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    A Cape Verdean? 😎
    Some twenty years or so ago, a player with Cape Verdean passport played for us, a (not the) ”Pele”. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Some twenty years or so ago, a player with Cape Verdean passport played for us, a (not the) ”Pele”. 😎
    Must be Santos? Played only a few games under Megson

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Must be Santos? Played only a few games under Megson
    Pedro Miguel Cardoso Monteiro (”Pele”), Cap Verde, defender/defensive midfielder, 24 appearances 2007-2009 - according to Wikipedia...

I remembered him due to the ”artist” name,
    ”Pele”, I knew Pele played for the Albion. 😎

Nice one Thomas, considering how small Cape Verde is they have produced a lot of players!
    Just checked and Santos was from there as well!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Nice one Thomas, considering how small Cape Verde is they have produced a lot of players!
    Just checked and Santos was from there as well!
    Indeed they have Dave!

Small island nations do produce some players, we have one from St Kitts & Nevis now (not that popular atm).

And did not Jason Roberts have Grenada in his passport?

Who came from Surinam?

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Who came from Surinam?
    The player who pretty well singlehandedly kept us in the first division for a while before we really went down the toilet.. will let others guess the name !

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)