+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Lost Tapes.

The Lost Tapes.

I found my late dad’s video’s of the family dating between 1987 and 2003 by pure chance yesterday, we thought they were lost.

This includes our wedding video from 88.

Found a company called Harts in Lye who are going to put them on digital format for me.

One of the reasons these became “lost” was because I couldn’t face looking at anything with dad on for a long period after he died in 2003.

It wasn’t so much seeing him as it was hearing him again, I just know that even now, over 17 years after his death I’ll be a mess when I watch these again.

Same with my nan’s as well.

I haven’t sen my wedding video in over 30 years so it’ll be weird looking back at the young and fit version of myself.

There should be videos of my daughters starting their first day at school as well.

My dad actually got approached by the deputy head on the day he filmed our eldest going into infants as they thought he might be a *****phile 😫

Anyone else got ancient family film?

Not film, but recently bought a film/print scanner and went hrough a few boxes of old family photos and discovered some holiday snaps from oveer 60 years ago. Now saved digitaly

I unearthed an old polaroid photo of myself a few months back (the self developing cameras) from the 80's. I was at Stonehenge with shirt almost unbuttoned to the waist with a st christophers pendant hanging around me neck and I had a moustache (shaved off long ago). I thought I was mr cool and C0cky back then but seeing it now I look more like a gay bloke from the village people

We have some video films of the children when they were small, some of them have been converted to DVD. Some years ago, I bought a film scanner, which will convert photos and transparencies into digital format, a really good piece of kit. Back in the 60’s, my father made an 8mm film of the River Severn, from the source to the sea, I still have that in the loft.

With work being so quiet I’ve spent a lot of time looking through old photos this week.

I’ve also spent a lot of time on Facebook catching up with people from my year at school.

It’s been quite sobering looking back at myself as an adult and father of young children and looking at a lad 35 years younger than I am now.

I look back at childhood pictures and can’t remember looking in the mirror and ever seeing that person.

I found a classic black and white picture of myself aged about 7, a proper posed portrait type shot and couldn’t remember it being taken.

I looked at the innocent face and wondered what that boy was thinking about and feeling and thought about the millions of things that have happened since.

When the same amount of time passes there will be almost nobody around who remembers me apart from my grandchildren.

Makes you wonder what the point is really, we are about as relevant as a house fly in the scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    With work being so quiet I’ve spent a lot of time looking through old photos this week.

I’ve also spent a lot of time on Facebook catching up with people from my year at school.

It’s been quite sobering looking back at myself as an adult and father of young children and looking at a lad 35 years younger than I am now.

I look back at childhood pictures and can’t remember looking in the mirror and ever seeing that person.

I found a classic black and white picture of myself aged about 7, a proper posed portrait type shot and couldn’t remember it being taken.

I looked at the innocent face and wondered what that boy was thinking about and feeling and thought about the millions of things that have happened since.

When the same amount of time passes there will be almost nobody around who remembers me apart from my grandchildren.

Makes you wonder what the point is really, we are about as relevant as a house fly in the scheme of things.
    Blimey Mick the last bit sounds like one of Des’s musings!
    You are right tho I often take the dog for a walk through an old Victorian graveyard and wonder about the lives of those folks, sadly a lot we’re very short, no flowers on any of them now of course just ivy..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)