+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool FA Cup

Liverpool FA Cup

I loved the FA cup final growing up in Oz. It was the only football game big enough to make it on tv. Stadiums packed and rocking and so exciting to watch. Now clubs use it to try out their squad depth. A bit sad to see a great cup devalued so far.

I guess we'll be fielding our bench and Liverpool will be doing the same. After the Manure game who do you think needs to also start in the cup? For me it's Watkins. A cup goal or two would be the perfect tonic going into the Spurs game.

Wadderya Reckon?

I think that we should go ‘full bore’ for the F.A. Cup, mate. Tis the only Trophy that I haven’t seen us win, live.

I know my chances of getting a ticket for the Final are practically zero, but still, it would be amazing to win it.

Go hard, or go home.

Our first team could win it this year, we won't win the league as despite all the hype we are on the same points as several others and our depth isn't there to mount a serious challenge. Field a strong team but perhaps rest Jack, Ollie, Luiz, McGinn, Targett & Cash - played every game apart from Luiz (I think) - bring in Ramsey, Hause, Elmo, Davis, Nakamba, Conor and give Barry the last 30.

Good call WCV would love to see Barry get a run. No we won't win the league and making Euro is a tall order and frankly if we did it would put us in a predicament with regards to squad depth. If we can finish comfortably mid table I'll be super happy with the season.

A cup win would be amazing EV!

Well, that sorts out team selection then, the kids it is.

If them’s the rules, then, them’s the rules. Just get on with it, no embarrassing appeals, just play the game.

Until of course Man Urinal and the thieves decide differently, it’s play the U9s or you’re out.

I hope someone tapes DS’s mouth up so that he doesn’t do a plopp, and blart all over the media.

Maybe next year Oz

Half time 1-1 the kids are making us proud considering the strong side Liverpool have put out. Fantastic team goal and finish by Barry.

F/T 1-4 So proud of our kids they really put in a shift and were literally dead on their feet... or laying down with cramp.

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    or laying down with cramp.
    Ha ha!

Yes, absolutely, Oz. Really proud of them. A massive ask and they stepped up. Well done lads.

not often I stand up after a game on tv and applaud!, especially after a loss!, but I felt like a proud Dad watching that, take a bow every one of you, including Mark Delaney for putting it together in less than 24 hours. Also credit to Milner for his comments after the game, a proper pro in a league full of poodles. UP THE VILLA!!

Loads of positives for the players involved, and all the other players in the academy.

Oldskool, I too stood and applauded at the end, and yes, there was a ‘proud parent’ element to it. Quite a surreal moment, one that will always be with me.

Somehow being knocked out in round 3 again, doesn’t feel so painful. Am I p1ssed off? Certainly, but that’s with the events earlier in the week, nothing to do with last night's 16 valiant debutants.

Also, I’m very proud of the way the club handled it all, no blarting just got on with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)