+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Ince anyone?

Tom Ince anyone?

See the DT is suggesting we’re considering a move to bring back Tom Ince.
    Not necessarily a character we all warmed to, but probably our most effective wide man in recent years and he knows where the goal is.
    I could see him and Dursun making perfect sense.
    Thoughts?

Too in and out. Too much blowing hot and cold. Worse at tackling and tracking back than Lawro. No thank you.

Nobody cried when we sold him. He's not exactly been pulling up any trees since. So much latent talent gone to waste and he's not going to find that spark now IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Too in and out. Too much blowing hot and cold. Worse at tackling and tracking back than Lawro. No thank you.

Nobody cried when we sold him. He's not exactly been pulling up any trees since. So much latent talent gone to waste and he's not going to find that spark now IMO.
    Agreed, we need rid of Tom Lawrence not bringing in a clone

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Agreed, we need rid of Tom Lawrence not bringing in an even worse clone
    More of a clown than a clone........

38 goals in 115 matches (yes I was surprised too). Not to be sneezed at.

Not what we need to dig us out of the hole we are in. Something of a luxury player, not a grafter

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    38 goals in 114 matches (yes I was surprised too). Not to be sneezed at.
    1 in 3 average. Surprises me too. However, when you look closer......

14/15 season 11 in 18. Excellent.
    15/16 season 12 in 46. Average at best.
    16/17 season 15 in 50. Average at best.

I say average at best as his contributions were his goals and the odd assist. Nothing else. How many goals did his failure to track back cost? About the only stat they don't throw at us these days.

1 in 3 average. Surprises me too. However, when you look closer......

14/15 season 11 in 18. Excellent.
    15/16 season 12 in 46. Average at best.
    16/17 season 15 in 50. Average at best.

I say average at best as his contributions were his goals and the odd assist. Nothing else. How many goals did his failure to track back cost? About the only stat they don't throw at us these days.
    Hear what you’re saying MA, but even 1 in 4 or 1 in 3.3 is probably better than anything we have in the squad at present.

I always saw Ince’s Dad as a bit of a disruptive influence last time around but presumably he knows Rooney well - would they have played for United and/or England together? - and I wonder if that might help get something more our of a player I’ve always considered a talented serial under achiever. Just a thought.

Nah, we need Hinton

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Nah, we need Hinton
    Or even someone half as good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)