+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccines

Since when have our Govt followed WHO guidelines, just a load of johnnie foreigners as Boris would say?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Since when have our Govt followed WHO guidelines, just a load of johnnie foreigners as Boris would say?
    Our government's total incompetence is clearly evidenced every day mon ami...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...CMP=GTUK_email

They seem incapable of learning anything, I despair I really do.

Boris was incompetent as Foreign Secretary, his appt as PM was as unbelievable to me as Trump becoming President, I despair as much as you BT.

Might as well leave Boris to it, the only alternative to Boris is Starmer, and he agrees with everything Boris is doing, except that he'd have done it a day earlier. Oh, and he'd throw even more borrowed money at the economic devastation caused than Boris is doing.

Maybe Ed Davey is the answer ?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    My older brother had the AstraZeneca vaccine jab this morning. I think this may be a better one to have than the Pfizer but WHO knows?
    My brother (73) says he had quite painful side effects but these only lasted two days as the website guidance for the vaccine indicates.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    My brother (73) says he had quite painful side effects but these only lasted two days as the website guidance for the vaccine indicates.
    the long and short of it is that its an unknown - outwood....they dont know the long term effects because they haven't tested it long term - cellular or genetic....and calling it a vaccine is a misnomer - it's a programmed code that communicates with Dna in order to create a viral protein and force an immune/antibody response - a middleman - a fake....the compications of which are Unknown, because - as they admit - this is a experiment - a biological agent under investigation, and if you let it - you become its lab animal.

My 90 yrear old mum felt rough for a few days on the oxford one but is OK now.,

Copied this from a German observer:

1) Britain gave the German developed BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine an emergency approval which absolved BioNTech and Pfizer of any responsibility if anything were to go wrong with the vaccine program. The EU decided not to take that risk but to wait for a full approval after which the responsibility for the vaccine rested squarely on BioNTech and Pfizer. Taking this risk gave Britain's vaccination program a head start.

2) The Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved for use in the UK (and India, Pakistan and Brazil but nowhere else yet) but AstraZeneca only applied for approval in the EU on 12th January, weeks after it had approval in Britain. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/em...ne-astrazeneca This is unusual and why AstraZeneca waited so long before seeking approval in the EU or the USA has not been disclosed, but it meant that while Britain could vaccinate with the more easily transportable (deep refrigeration not required) AstraZeneca vaccine the EU could only use the logistically much more difficult (must remain under-70°C) BioNTech and Moderna vaccines. The announcement by AstraZeneca of a delay in supplying the EU with vaccines it has already ordered, even if approval is granted by the EMA, makes the AstraZeneca delay in applying for approval by the EU look even more suspicious

3) The British plan to only administer the first dose of the vaccine and to administer the second dose later, if at all, is a huge step into the dark. No-one has run any trials of this regimen and it looks suspiciously like politics overruling science. If it goes ahead, then Britain is effectively providing its population as unknowing trial persons for the rest of the world.

I find no reason to argue with his opinion.

I've copied this from a British observer,

1) It was the most excruciating moment of Ursula von der Leyen’s short tenure as President of the European Commission. On Friday morning she hastily put together a press conference to counter the growing media storm across Europe over the EU’s handling of vaccine procurement. She doubled down on ‘solidarity’, announcing that the Commission had managed to secure more doses of the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine, but also that the EU would stick absolutely to buying together. ‘We have all agreed, legally binding, that there will be no parallel negotiations, no parallel contracts,’ she insisted testily. ‘We’re all working together.’ At the same moment, however, her former colleagues in Berlin, where she was never popular, were busily undermining her. Germany, it turned out, had secured an extra 30 million doses directly from the manufacturer. Vaccine nationalism, it turned out, was bad for everyone except Germany.

2) Back in June the EU was busily putting together a plan that would make sure that if and when a vaccine became available, the continent’s citizens would be the first to get the shot. ‘When it comes to fighting a global pandemic, there is no place for “me first”,’ argued von der Leyen when she announced the scheme, before pointing out that ‘harmful competition’ for scarce resources should be avoided. Instead, budgets would be pooled, and the mighty buying and regulatory power of the world’s largest trading bloc would secure access and terms far better than any could individually. Smaller countries, such as a typically eccentric UK, which opted out of the scheme, would be left to fend for themselves as best they could. It would be a powerful symbol of how the EU could protect its citizens from the gravest threat in a generation. Vaccine ‘nationalism’ would be crushed for the common good.

3) Fast-forward seven months, however, and it is clear that it is not working out quite as planned. Europe is falling woefully behind in the race to vaccinate its citizens. Ugur Sahin, the founder of the German company BioNTech, which jointly created the first jab with Pfizer, has revealed that a slow, bumbling, arrogant EU failed to order enough supplies, while approvals have been sluggish, and the rollout across the continent has barely begun. In truth, the vaccination campaign is turning into the greatest EU catastrophe since the euro crisis of 2010-11. And while that only bankrupted three countries and condemned a generation of Greeks to poverty, this one will result in the deaths of tens of thousands of people.

4) So what went wrong? There were, as so often, three big problems: people, politics and bureaucracy. The EU has long harboured ambitions to take control of health policy, at the moment still reserved in the main for member states. Covid-19 presented the perfect opportunity. A virus, kind of obviously, has no great respect for national borders. It crosses them with ease. The crisis was a perfect moment for the EU to bounce back from Brexit, and take charge of coping with the epidemic with a transnational strategy based on science and co-operation. It would be a magnificent demonstration of the EU at its best, delivering for its citizens. It was hardly surprising that the Commission was so anxious to stop national health ministers buying their own supplies. The trouble is, the people in charge were not up to it. In Germany, von der Leyen was notorious for a spell as Germany’s defence minister that was characterised by a string of procurement scandals and disasters. The Bundeswehr concluded she was hopelessly out of her depth. Buying military and medical supplies is very similar, with the admittedly significant difference that one is designed to end lives and the other to save them: both involve lots of complex, expensive contracts struck in an emergency for stuff you aren’t yet sure works. Putting von der Leyen in charge of vaccine procurement was a little like getting Gavin Williamson to run the British effort: you can hardly be surprised if things start going wrong.

There's a lot more detail of how the EU has fecked up, but I think you get the drift, thank god we're out.

Quite astonishing misleading statement from PHE Deputy Director, Doctor Susan Hopkins, on the 5pm Covid briefing today, when asked how close we are to reaching herd immunity she replied, "Herd immunity is a word that we use to describe the immunity that we get from vaccination".

I always believed it could also be achieved by exposure to a virus as well as vaccination, but far be it from me to contradict the good doctor, so I won't, but this is the Wiki definition of herd immunity 'a form of indirect protection from infectious disease that occurs when a sufficient percentage of a population has become immune to an infection, whether through vaccination or previous infections,'

No wonder the Mad Scientists of Sage and our government lie through their teeth and fiddle the stats, why would they not when the medical profession can alter the definition of a word simply on a whim.

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)