+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccines

My son organised it for me, and so I have had my first jab. It was so quick and no side effects, no pain ,sore arms nada! I must admit I thought OK I will wait until someone rings me to say if I want the Corvid injection it will be available ......etc. But my son and his family have all had it ,what do I say to him ,no thanks?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    GPs Not involved in Scotland yet in either flu or Covid, not sure why, waiting areas inadequate for social distancing or wanting too much money for the injection. For Covid probably few have -70 degree deep freezes, (I doubt they do in England either?) At £30 a dose I bet a lot is being wasted.

Some good news The vials are 5 doses but it is possible to get 6 out of them.
    Skimping on the contents now OC. Shocking!

My concern is that our government are ignoring the manufacturers recommendations. Pfizer have already stated that their vaccine has only been tested with the second dose being given 21 days after the first dose, they say there is no evidence to substantiate our governments policy of 12 weeks later for the second dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    My concern is that our government are ignoring the manufacturers recommendations. Pfizer have already stated that their vaccine has only been tested with the second dose being given 21 days after the first dose, they say there is no evidence to substantiate our governments policy of 12 weeks later for the second dose.
    Surprise, surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Surprise, surprise.

Vintage My concern is that our government are ignoring the manufacturers recommendations. Pfizer have already stated that their vaccine has only been tested with the second dose being given 21 days after the first dose, they say there is no evidence to substantiate our governments policy of 12 weeks later for the second dose.
    Fear not Vintage

Not a surprise BT

Companies can only promote use of their medicine within the terms of the license which in turn relates to whatever they decided to study. They chose 3 weeks for whatever reason. Probably to get a quick high response rate.

Doctors can use medicines outside those terms and do regularly. For example there are many medicines used in children that have not been used in children’s trials, especially tiny pre term ones, most medicines have not been tested in pregnant women and use is generally not advised by companies. Thus doctors assess risks and benefits and discuss with patients where possible.

The Joint Committee on Vaccination-and Immunisation advises on who gets what,

The MHRA approves the vaccines and 12 weeks is not outside their approval of either product. The first dose sets up antibody responses and the second enhances that so you may have 60% cover from the first dose as with flu vaccine and 90 -95 from the second. Giving the second dose later will also mean immunity will last 8 weeks longer.

Pfizer COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 is administered intramuscularly after dilution as a series of two doses (0.3 mL each) at least 21 days apart (see section 5.1).

The COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca vaccination course consists of two separate doses of 0.5 ml each. The second dose should be administered between 4 and 12 weeks after the first dose (see section 5.1).

Doctors have decided it’s better to give as many folk their first dose and delay the second dose.

You may remember for some vaccines the JCVI recommends the second dose is a year or more after the first. Eg MMR, whilst Flu and shingles are one injection only

https://assets.publishing.service.go...n_schedule.pdf
    Last edited by oldcolner; 06-01-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Skimping on the contents now OC. Shocking!
    Just canny BT!

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    My son organised it for me, and so I have had my first jab. It was so quick and no side effects, no pain ,sore arms nada! I must admit I thought OK I will wait until someone rings me to say if I want the Corvid injection it will be available ......etc. But my son and his family have all had it ,what do I say to him ,no thanks?
    Great news you are leading the world, hope the side effects stay away and the microchip works quickly lol

What phucking micro chip? I think you can explain that ??

Sorry Balam

It’s fake news spread by Russians I guess to knock people off having the vaccine. See below

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-fa...-idUSKBN28E286

It's the same microchip you have had inserted Balan. The Iranians are now watching you via a Russian satellite!

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)