+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccines

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    When I had my jab BT, I did not see any brown colour inside the vial ,nor did I see anything swimming inside?
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...?ocid=msedgntp

The evidence sort of suggests this vaccine is not the Racing Dog's Bollox after all!

They will have to look at the new data from Israel....??? Nobody has come to me and said, ''we want to test you'' ? Nor anybody living here in my kibbutz ! ( That's my village in the Western Galilee )

As Clalit and Meuhedet HMOs expand vaccination campaign to over 35s, senior Health Ministry officials say they are set to debate on Wednesday evening whether to allow all Israelis over the age of 16 to get inoculated...... or expand it to include ****s aged 16-18 in order to allow them to take their matriculation exams in schools.

According to estimates by the Health Ministry, 77% of Israelis over 60 have been vaccinated. Among people aged 30-39 16% have been inoculated, 30% among ages 40-49 and 51% among ages 50-59.

Clalit HMO, Israel's biggest health fund, reported that it has given the second vaccine dose to 232,000 people; Maccabi HMO reported 127,000 people; Meuhedet 38,000 and Leumit 34,000.

https://www.ynetnews.com/health_scie...icle/SJHEkqB1u

Trouble is Balan, Pfizer don't think it works as it should following mass roll-out trials.

All I find is this:
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...icated-report/

Nachman Ash reportedly says it’s not certain vaccines can protect against mutated coronavirus strains; 12,400 Israelis were infected with virus after receiving 1st shot. The first dose of Pfizer’s vaccine provides less protection against COVID-19 than the US pharmaceutical firm had initially indicated it would, and cautioned that it may not protect against new strains of the virus.

Pfizer says its vaccine, produced with BioNTech, is around 52% effective after the first dose, and increases to about 95% a number of days after the second dose.
    The more contagious virus variants — particularly the British strain — are being blamed for the difficulty in bringing down illness rates and easing the heavy load on hospitals, despite the lockdown and mass vaccinations.

Health officials estimate the British coronavirus variant is behind 30%-40% of current infections and will become the dominant strain in Israel within weeks, according to Hebrew media reports. The mutated strain of the virus is more infectious, though it is not considered more deadly.
    ------_
    A 67-year-old woman from Jerusalem received five doses of the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine on Thursday, The Jerusalem Post has confirmed.
    Instead of receiving one dose during the inoculation process, she was accidentally given an entire vial – 150 micrograms.v
    Although she showed no side effects, she was still evacuated to Shaare Zedek Medical Centre for observation. A spokesperson for the hospital said that she was doing well.

This is not the first incident in which Maccabi staff administered too many doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
    In both instances, as noted, the individuals who received the extra doses had little or no side effects, except perhaps at the site of the injection. Cohen said that no side effects should be expected, since Pfizer administered three to four times more than the regular dose given today when it ran its clinical trials, which was tolerated by most patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    All I find is this:
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...icated-report/

Nachman Ash reportedly says it’s not certain vaccines can protect against mutated coronavirus strains; 12,400 Israelis were infected with virus after receiving 1st shot. The first dose of Pfizer’s vaccine provides less protection against COVID-19 than the US pharmaceutical firm had initially indicated it would, and cautioned that it may not protect against new strains of the virus.

Pfizer says its vaccine, produced with BioNTech, is around 52% effective after the first dose, and increases to about 95% a number of days after the second dose.
    The more contagious virus variants — particularly the British strain — are being blamed for the difficulty in bringing down illness rates and easing the heavy load on hospitals, despite the lockdown and mass vaccinations.

Health officials estimate the British coronavirus variant is behind 30%-40% of current infections and will become the dominant strain in Israel within weeks, according to Hebrew media reports. The mutated strain of the virus is more infectious, though it is not considered more deadly.
    ------_
    A 67-year-old woman from Jerusalem received five doses of the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine on Thursday, The Jerusalem Post has confirmed.
    Instead of receiving one dose during the inoculation process, she was accidentally given an entire vial – 150 micrograms.v
    Although she showed no side effects, she was still evacuated to Shaare Zedek Medical Centre for observation. A spokesperson for the hospital said that she was doing well.

This is not the first incident in which Maccabi staff administered too many doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
    In both instances, as noted, the individuals who received the extra doses had little or no side effects, except perhaps at the site of the injection. Cohen said that no side effects should be expected, since Pfizer administered three to four times more than the regular dose given today when it ran its clinical trials, which was tolerated by most patients.
    You have now finally and fully convinced me Balan, no-one is coming within 4 metres of me with a syringe!

Decision time !!

Got the text yesterday inviting me to pick my date for THE JAB. My initial concern was that the the long term side effects could not be known, I've decided that at my age I can't be too worried about the long term, in the shorter term there is no evidence that there is anything to worry excessively about, some have had a reaction, but nothing to seriously concern me. Then there's Mrs S, she is far more worried about Covid than I am, she is desperate for the both of us to get vaccinated asap.

So next Thursday I'm off to the Health Centre, a CM guinea pig, I'll keep you informed.

I'll pop a prayer in the post sinkov.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Decision time !!

Got the text yesterday inviting me to pick my date for THE JAB. My initial concern was that the the long term side effects could not be known, I've decided that at my age I can't be too worried about the long term, in the shorter term there is no evidence that there is anything to worry excessively about, some have had a reaction, but nothing to seriously concern me. Then there's Mrs S, she is far more worried about Covid than I am, she is desperate for the both of us to get vaccinated asap.

So next Thursday I'm off to the Health Centre, a CM guinea pig, I'll keep you informed.
    Well done Mon Ami!

We'll be having ours as soon as we're called.

Incidentally sinkov, which one of the three vaccine variants are they pumping into you?

I'll be happy to have one but preferably not Tizer, bring on the Irn Bru.

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)