+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccines

I won't have a word said against the Graudian, it's the new Mirror, keep left I say!

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I won't have a word said against the Graudian, it's the new Mirror, keep left I say!
    Some people say the Independent is much better quality than the Grauniad, but have those people tried wiping their arse with the Independent ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Whitty mentioned this at the Press Briefing, he said it wasn't the case and had told the journalist who wrote the story that it was untrue, but the paper published the story anyway.

And which paper was it publishing what it knew perfectly well was FAKE NEWS ? No prizes for guessing it was the Lefty bible the Grauniad. And yet there are some people who hang onto every word the lying rag prints, they swear by it. Ah well.
    I occasionally take a bit of notice of your missives sinkov and actually managed to work out the probable source of your anti-left wing venom.

As a result I subscribed to the "Spectator" for a year and they sent be a rather nice bottle of Bollinger as a "Thank you". All it's done however, is cause a metronomic increase in my blood pressure and ensured I go to my "Anger Management" classes again.

By Christ, that Rod Liddle writes some $hite!

Todays daily Mail. (25/02/2021)

Israel passes law allowing names and phone numbers of anyone who has not been vaccinated to be shared by the government.
    Israel is banking on vaccine passports to re-open its economy with gyms, hotels, restaurants and swimming pools , bars and restaurants open to those with a 'green pass' who have had two doses of a jab.

....But this news you got from TurfitesTalk yesterday. From your man in the danger zone, ( where you can mistake a mosquito for a phoockin Hamas rocket!!!) ....Watch this space !

- - - - - - -- - - -
    Israeli researchers say spirulina algae could reduce COVID mortality rate.
    A team of scientists from Israel and Iceland have published research showing that an extract of spirulina algae has the potential to reduce the chances of COVID-19 patients developing a serious case of the disease. Spirulina is 70% effective in inhibiting the release of the cytokine TNF-a, a small signaling protein used by the immune system. Tzachor said that despite the special growth mechanism, the algae are a completely natural substance and should not produce any side effects.
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Silly Bernie:
    Bernie Sanders slams Israel for not sending COVID vaccines to Palestinians.
    "It is outrageous that Netanyahu would use spare vaccines to reward his foreign allies while so many Palestinians in the occupied territories are still waiting."

Israel has made its Vaccines available to more Arab Israelis than any Country including any Arab country in the world, no Arab Citizen has been denied, to the contrary. Any Palestinian working in Israel has been encouraged to get vaccinated.
    The Oslo accords - which Israel signed with the Palestine Liberation Organisation - give the Palestinian Authority oversight of public health under the principles of self-determination.

Israel transferred the first batch of a Covid-19 vaccine to the Palestinians amid growing concerns over the disease’s spread in the neighboring West Bank and Gaza becoming a threat to the country. Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayeh said Monday that the authority would begin its own vaccination drive after the expected arrival of 50,000 vaccines from different sources, but mostly through Covax, in mid-February. Israel is contributing funds to the Covax program.

German scientist says 99.9% chance coronavirus leaked from Wuhan lab, with 'laboratory accident' in Wuhan

Dr. Roland Wiesendanger, who specializes in nanoscience at the University of Hamburg, published a report on Research Gate titled "Study on the Origin of the Coronavirus Pandemic." The study was carried out from January to December 2020 based on scientific literature, print articles, online media, and correspondence with international researchers.

Wiesendanger points out that unlike SARS and MERS, no intermediate host between bats and humans has been found more than a year since the start of the pandemic. Thus far, there is no evidence for the zoonotic theory to explain the outbreak.

Indeed, during the joint China-WHO report issued on Feb. 9, Liang Wannian, head of the Chinese National Health Commission's Expert Panel of COVID-19 Response, stated that 50,000 samples of wild animals from 300 different species (including bats) as well as 11,000 farm animals in 31 Chinese provinces — taken between November 2019 and March 2020 — had all tested negative for SARS-CoV-2, the virus which causes COVID-19.

The researcher claimed that the SARS-CoV-2 virus is "astonishingly effective" at binding to human receptor cells (hACE2). He said this is due to its special hACE2 binding domains paired with the furin cleavage sites of the virus' telltale spike protein.
    He stated that this is the first time a coronavirus has exhibited both characteristics and that it points to a "non-natural origin." Within the beta-corona viruses of sarbe-covirus lineage B, the polybasic furin cleavage site is unique to SARS-CoV-2, according to News Medical Life Sciences

Wiesendanger noted that there were no bats sold at the infamous Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market, where the first known super spreader event began. Liang has stated that no animals or "animal products" had tested positive for the virus there and that individuals who contracted COVID early on had not visited the market. Those coronaviruses are only found in horseshoe bats nearly 2,000 kilometers away in the caves of Yunnan Province.

What Wuhan does have, however, is the WIV, which holds "one of the largest collections of bat pathogens in the world," observed Wiesendanger. He asserted that it is "extremely unlikely" bats made the 2,000-km journey to Wuhan and started an outbreak that just happened to be near the WIV and at least two other labs researching bat viruses in the city.

The scientist then mentioned that a research group, which is headed by Shi Zhengli (石正麗), also known as "Bat Woman," has since 2007 been researching how spike proteins in natural and chimeric SARS-like coronaviruses bind to the ACE2 receptors in the cells of humans, bats, and other animals. Wiesendanger alleged that the goal of this research is to make these viruses "more infectious, more dangerous, and more fatal."

Wiesendanger wrote that the safety measures had been "documented as being insufficient" before the start of the coronavirus epidemic. In early March of last year, photos taken in 2018 from within the lab surfaced showing a warped seal on the door to a freezer holding pathogens.

Wiesendanger then cites several incidents that are indicative of a lab accident, such as reports that a young researcher in the lab, identified as Huang Yanling, was allegedly "patient zero" and had disappeared after contracting the disease. The WIV and Chinese government have vehemently denied she was infected, but over a year later, her whereabouts are still unknown, and all information about her has been scrubbed from the WIV website. He also touched on analysis by American intelligence agencies of a private report purporting to have found evidence of a "shutdown" and "hazardous event" allegedly taking place at the WIV in October 2019.
    The U.S. State Department released a report stating that several scientists inside the lab had become ill with "symptoms consistent with both COVID-19 and common seasonal illnesses" in the fall of 2019. The scientist claimed he is "99.9 percent sure" that the coronavirus emerged from the laboratory.

The "Chinese military was doing secret classified animal experiments in that same laboratory" as early as 2017. He added that there is "good reason to believe" an outbreak of a "flu-like illness" had occurred among the scientists at the WIV in the fall of 2019, just before the first cases of a new type of pneumonia were being reported in Wuhan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I occasionally take a bit of notice of your missives sinkov and actually managed to work out the probable source of your anti-left wing venom.

As a result I subscribed to the "Spectator" for a year and they sent be a rather nice bottle of Bollinger as a "Thank you". All it's done however, is cause a metronomic increase in my blood pressure and ensured I go to my "Anger Management" classes again.

By Christ, that Rod Liddle writes some $hite!
    Arse about face with that analysis BT, my contempt for the Left has grown over a lifetime of observing, and sometimes being involved, in the political scene. it's that considered judgement of the virtue-signalling, loony left that led to my Spectator subscription, not the other way round.

And you leave Rod alone, my hero, he cuts through Lefty BS like a knife through butter, absolute top man, the UK's Number One journo, scourge of the Loony Left PC Brigade. Have you seen his last paragraph this morning, about Lammy, worth the sub just for that, if you can't access it, I'll copy and paste it for you.

I'm still chuckling at this one sinkov "The Liberal Democrat party’s foreign affairs spokesgoblin, Velma from Scooby-Doo — or ‘Layla Moran’ as she is known to close friends and family"

By the way I recently lamented on the plight of the British Labour Party; with eejits like David Lammy being amongst the best Starmer can consider to shove on their front bench, Johnson is safe for another 20 years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm still chuckling at this one sinkov "The Liberal Democrat party’s foreign affairs spokesgoblin, Velma from Scooby-Doo — or ‘Layla Moran’ as she is known to close friends and family"
    Aye, he has a way with words our Rod, if only I had half his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Aye, he has a way with words our Rod, if only I had half his talent.
    Then you'd be a halfwit..

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Then you'd be a halfwit..
    Not the first time I've been called that Chris, and who am I to argue.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)