+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccines

Covid vaccines

Thought this should be a thread separate from the virus.

The EU issues could cause mayhem, the supply chains for vials, syringes needles and vaccine are hand to mouth. Calling up people may be a problem.

Right now
    There seem to be issues in Scotland with oldies not yet getting the vaccine while our over 80 contacts in England seem to have been done as Boris said.
    We hear stories of GPs having stocks in England. Our GPs sent out don’t contact us messages a few weeks ago and we seem to be focussed on a few regional vaccine centres. Has anyone had it yet?

They messed up flu vaccine call up here too, Nicola set up local centres that had no prior storage facility and called up youngest first.

Public Health England won’t deliver on Sundays

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...d-19-vaccines/

England won’t use pharmacies

There are around 11,400 pharmacies across the country that already administer millions of flu jabs every year, with the capability to vaccinate around 1.3 million people against Covid every week.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...bed-ministers/

What is Israel doing right? Looks like not having a Nationally managed service but having competition works well!

The vaccine clinics are run by Health Maintenance Organisations (HMOs), public health bodies whose nurses and paramedics work from 8am until 10pm each day injecting the Pfizer vaccine.

Israelis are legally required to join one of four HMOs but can switch providers if they wish, creating a major incentive to offer the best possible service.

There is a fierce sense of competitiveness inside the stadium as Maccabi and Clalit, two HMOs running vaccine clinics, race to get doses out of refrigerated units and into the arms of their excited patients.

“At full capacity we can do 2,000 vaccinations in one day,” says Naama Mantzur, an operational director at the Maccabi clinic.

“We have a good system I think because we keep it as simple as possible. We let patients know they are eligible for a vaccine by email, and then if they don't respond we call them.”

For now, Israel is focusing on vaccinations for the over 60s and those with underlying health conditions, though frontline care workers are also eligible.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ination-drive/

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Thought this should be a thread separate from the virus.

The EU issues could cause mayhem, the supply chains for vials, syringes needles and vaccine are hand to mouth. Calling up people may be a problem.

Right now
    There seem to be issues in Scotland with oldies not yet getting the vaccine while our over 80 contacts in England seem to have been done as Boris said.

Not my 90 year old mum and the other residents in her care home in Weir near Bacup. Nothing arranged yet and doesn't know what's going on.

I keep on telling you OC, this Cabal could not organise a p!$$ up in a brewery.

All of our own GP's have all patient contact details to hand, leave it with them to organise FFS!

They have pestered me since November to have a 'flu jab so they know where I live!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    What is Israel doing right? Looks like not having a Nationally managed service but having competition works well!

The vaccine clinics are run by Health Maintenance Organisations (HMOs), public health bodies whose nurses and paramedics work from 8am until 10pm each day injecting the Pfizer vaccine.

Israelis are legally required to join one of four HMOs but can switch providers if they wish, creating a major incentive to offer the best possible service.

There is a fierce sense of competitiveness inside the stadium as Maccabi and Clalit, two HMOs running vaccine clinics, race to get doses out of refrigerated units and into the arms of their excited patients.

“At full capacity we can do 2,000 vaccinations in one day,” says Naama Mantzur, an operational director at the Maccabi clinic.

“We have a good system I think because we keep it as simple as possible. We let patients know they are eligible for a vaccine by email, and then if they don't respond we call them.”

For now, Israel is focusing on vaccinations for the over 60s and those with underlying health conditions, though frontline care workers are also eligible.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ination-drive/
    Not rocket science OC, is it?

Charles Moore in the Daily Telegraph.

"A medical friend sends me a despatch from the new front line. He works in a hospital in a part of southern England where, until recently, there were very few Covid infections. As he puts it, “Our good fortune in the first months of the pandemic is now being paid for.”

Patient demand is sharply up, even though normal flu – usually a problem in January – “seems to be off the radar”. The hospital is so stretched that they “have even started rationing our oxygen prescribing and using back-up cylinders and concentrators to ease the strain on the central supply”. The situation is made worse by staff absence: 30 per cent are off, mainly because of infection or self-isolation.

This figure includes significant numbers made ill by the Pfizer vaccine, which has been administered to staff. “Unfortunately, many of us have suffered up to 48 hours of debilitating side effects (myalgia, chills, headache, lethargy) the likes of which we have never experienced with flu jabs. Several conscientious and devoted staff have had to take sick leave, when we are already so thin on the ground, just to get over the side effects.” My friend is not questioning the vaccination – just warning that these effects should be factored in"

So it's not just false positives in Hancock's insane (and horrendously expensive) testing fiasco that's causing staff shortages in the NHS, it's the Pfizer vaccine as well.

You could not make this sh!t up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You could not make this sh!t up.
    You know BT, I thought of adding those very words, then I realised you could put it at the end of virtually every post on this long running pantomime.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I keep on telling you OC, this Cabal could not organise a p!$$ up in a brewery.

All of our own GP's have all patient contact details to hand, leave it with them to organise FFS!

They have pestered me since November to have a 'flu jab so they know where I live!
    GPs Not involved in Scotland yet in either flu or Covid, not sure why, waiting areas inadequate for social distancing or wanting too much money for the injection. For Covid probably few have -70 degree deep freezes, (I doubt they do in England either?) At £30 a dose I bet a lot is being wasted.

Some good news The vials are 5 doses but it is possible to get 6 out of them.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 06-01-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)