+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccines

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Behave yourself BT, you're getting as bad as OC and the Mad Scientists of Sage with your scaremongering.

Have a look at the facts about this deadly Kent variant, which ripped through London in mid December.

Number of cases in London...peaked 29th December.
    Hospital admissions peaked in London...6th January.
    Deaths in London peaked...18th January.

It arrived in London, and the worst was over, it was in decline, within a couple of weeks, and the Government and Mad Scientists of Sage claiming this was due to the Lockdown on January 5th are lying. Given the time lags involved, it's clear that whatever it was that got the Kent variant 'under control' in London, it wasn't the Lockdown. Why do they lie to us ?
    I was having a go at satire sinkov and obviously failed badly.

What next? The Ribble Valley variant?

sinkov I must find a copy of that book, by the 'Rambam.' 'Guide for the Perplexed. ' But how to get it to B T ?? Virus ,what virus?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I was having a go at satire sinkov and obviously failed badly.
    I know BT, it was just too good a chance for me, I never like to miss any opportunity to point out how we're being lied to and treated like morons by Boris, Hancock, Whitty, Vallance etc.

Here's one for the Mad Scientists of Sage and our Lockdown Loon politicians to ponder over,

"Early-rising cricket lovers tuning into the second test between India and England in Chennai will have been astonished to see a crowd of thousands of fans, most of them without masks. The world’s most populous country has seen a dramatic reduction of Covid cases. One New Delhi hospital reported not a single Covid patient on its wards and total daily cases stand at around 8,000 with fewer than 100 deaths in a nation of 1.3 billion people. All restaurants, shops and markets have reopened and social events like weddings are back in full flow, with no “Covid passports” of the sort now being demanded in this country. As in Chennai, sporting events are allowing limited crowds back. The fall is attributed to the high prevalence of antibodies from exposure to the virus, or herd immunity, particularly in densely populated urban areas."

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Here's one for the Mad Scientists of Sage and our Lockdown Loon politicians to ponder over,

"Early-rising cricket lovers tuning into the second test between India and England in Chennai will have been astonished to see a crowd of thousands of fans, most of them without masks. The world’s most populous country has seen a dramatic reduction of Covid cases. One New Delhi hospital reported not a single Covid patient on its wards and total daily cases stand at around 8,000 with fewer than 100 deaths in a nation of 1.3 billion people. All restaurants, shops and markets have reopened and social events like weddings are back in full flow, with no “Covid passports” of the sort now being demanded in this country. As in Chennai, sporting events are allowing limited crowds back. The fall is attributed to the high prevalence of antibodies from exposure to the virus, or herd immunity, particularly in densely populated urban areas."
    Are you seriously attempting to prove Boris and SAGE are fecking clueless sinkov?

Are you seriously attempting to prove Boris and SAGE are fecking clueless sinkov?
    Yes he is BT. I remember him telling us in the autumn that the pandemic was essentially over. For "evidence" he quoted the website lockdownsceptics.org. In the piece below (October) Mike Yeadon asserted that the pandemic was "essentially over"
    If you look at the graphics included (i wouldn't bother actually reading the article - it is long winded guff) it compares the Sage prediction with lockdown conspiracies own "true" facts.

Sage stated "Full blown pandemic continues"
    Lockdown conspiracy claimed that the pandemic was "essentially over"

Sage stated that there would be, "Very large number of additional deaths, It will resume in the capital, will proceed at a similar speed as in spring"
    Lockdown Conspiracy claimed that there would be "small regional outbreaks with far fewer deaths, it would not reignite in the capital, it would grow much more slowly than in the spring" and that the "Endemic equilibrium is imminent"

Sage got it essential right, lockdown Conspiracy got it hopelessly wrong. Yet some people are still hanging onto the words of people like Mike Yeadon and rubbishing what the true experts are telling us.

There have always been, and always will be, a group of people who look for their information to conspiracy websites. Be it climate change, covid or whatever. Scrutiny of evidence is good, and a range of viewpoints should be considered, but if you ignore the true experts and rely of a "bloke on the internet" then your view should be ruled null and void.

Here is the article from October. Just scroll down to the charts lower down.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/what-sage-got-wrong/

I'm still not having it 59er. The UK death rate is "normal," the government just keep on ripping up the goalposts never mind moving them.

It's time we started to lobby our MP's and get this lockdown $hit off the agenda.

I'm still not having it 59er. The UK death rate is "normal," the government just keep on ripping up the goalposts never mind moving them.

It's time we started to lobby our MP's and get this lockdown $hit off the agenda.
    I realise that some of you will never change your stance and I'm not prepared to enter into a protracted, frustrating dialogue with you lot.

I won't be posting on covis threads on here any more.

I still love you all though

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I realise that some of you will never change your stance and I'm not prepared to enter into a protracted, frustrating dialogue with you lot.

I won't be posting on covis threads on here any more.

I still love you all though
    Is covis like Hovis 59er?

A complete waste of time discussing it with 59 BT, the discovery of the Lockdown Sceptics website seems to have tipped him over the edge, no doubt aided and abetted by the hysterical coverage of this epidemic by BBC and Guardian journalists. There is no talking to him about it at all, never mind trying to talk sense, but we must bear in mind that this is the poster who made a prediction of the number of deaths by the end of the year, he based his prediction on what the Mad Scientists of Sage were saying, and he over-estimated by many, many thousands, as did the Mad Scientists who were predicting over 4,000 deaths a day in December.

Anyway, trying to be sensible and rational about it, where I think Yeadon went astray (without reading through it all again) is that he didn't allow for the emergence of a new variant that would be more transmissable. This duly popped up in the London area in the 2nd week of December, peaked on the 29th December and has been in decline ever since.

But no matter 59 throwing his toys out of the pram yet again, in India they watch the cricket without masks, and eat out in restaurants, while we wear our muzzles and cower at home in Lockdown under pain of fines and imprisonment, and all while the Mad Scientists of Sage oversee one of the highest Covid death rates on the planet. Ah well, never mind, they know what they're doing don't they ?

At least 59 says they do, so one of us is happy and content then.
    Last edited by sinkov; 16-02-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)