+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccines

Just how its going here:

Nurses are helping Israelis bend the rules to get COVID-19 vaccines
    Israel’s vaccination success — accompanied by a spike in COVID cases — is partially due to the country’s universal health care system, its tech savvy and its small size.

The national vaccine campaign was limited to those 60 and over as well as frontline medical personnel. It has since been expanded to anyone over 40, and the government hopes to have all adults vaccinated by the end of March. But in Israel, rules are often seen as just another obstacle to overcome. And because of the country’s distribution system, lots of ineligible people are being vaccinated.

Israel’s health clinics are using the vaccine developed by Pfizer, which must be stored in ultra-low temperatures and used within a short period after being unpackaged. The doses have a short shelf life and cannot be refrozen, so clinics make an effort to use all the doses they take out.
    They take out trays from the freezer and can’t put them back,” said Rafi, a man in his late 40s from this Jerusalem suburb who declined to give his last name. “If people don’t show [up] to appointments, or they have less appointments than vials out, they give to anyone rather than throw them out.”

So Israel’s health care system, which is run through four networks of clinics, has been distributing excess vaccines, with nurses frequently sending out unauthorized invitations on WhatsApp that are then shared widely on social media.
    “[Those] who want to get vaccinated are invited to the clinic at 21 Herzl St. [in] Hadera,” one such message announced to a Facebook group called “Corona vaccines among friends,” which has 62,000 members. “They said that there’s no age limit.”

Health care workers aren’t actually allowed to send messages like that. But one nurse said officials tend to look the other way.
    “There are tons of empty appointments, so nobody is taking anyone else’s doses,” said the nurse, who didn’t give her name because she could get in trouble for sending the texts. “Unfortunately, this has to be in an unofficial way.” There have also been reports that employees at Israeli hospitals are illicitly securing vaccines for family members. Staffers in the Prime Minister’s Office have received shots despite being ineligible, according to The Times of Israel.

Israelis haven’t only gone to their hometown clinics. Thousands of Jewish Israelis have been making their way to Arab-Israeli villages, where there has been a lower turnout for the vaccination drive than in Jewish communities.
    “I like the fact we’re vaccinating together here, Jews and Arabs, and ending the pandemic together,” one Jewish Israeli told The Times of Israel. “This makes me happy.”

That's how it goes ,so if you want it try to get it sooner??

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

you dont know that for sure - Sinko....but then, that'd be a wringing, blackmail, intimidation....a nasty game, am not playing - but the more that do, the more it could be likely so - in which case, we'll just wear a full mask and suit, sealed - can be no complaints.
    No, I don't know it for sure Norder, but I am sure, if you know what I mean. You can see it coming a mile off, you already have to wear a muzzle on public transport, you need a Negative Test certificate to fly to the UK, and there is no way they're going to back off or ease these restrictions, they'll just tighten them. And it won't be governments doing it, although some might, it will be the travel industry itself, airlines, ferry companies, cruise lines, and it will be pressure from the morons on social media, lefty journalists in the MSM and the general public that will force their hand. Don't forget 70/80 % of the public are in favour of lockdowns and the vast majority think muzzles keep them safe, it's coming as sure as heggs is heggs, No vax, no travel, you might find a caravan park near Knott End willing to let you in, but I wouldn't even bank on that.

I'm not too sure on that, i don't think Knott End restrictions will be too high.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No, I don't know it for sure Norder, but I am sure, if you know what I mean. You can see it coming a mile off, you already have to wear a muzzle on public transport, you need a Negative Test certificate to fly to the UK, and there is no way they're going to back off or ease these restrictions, they'll just tighten them. And it won't be governments doing it, although some might, it will be the travel industry itself, airlines, ferry companies, cruise lines, and it will be pressure from the morons on social media, lefty journalists in the MSM and the general public that will force their hand. Don't forget 70/80 % of the public are in favour of lockdowns and the vast majority think muzzles keep them safe, it's coming as sure as heggs is heggs, No vax, no travel, you might find a caravan park near Knott End willing to let you in, but I wouldn't even bank on that.

Knotty End...hehe....no need, got my old ma cod nearby Sinkov - and there aint no way on earth she'll be having a vax - never has, and isn't starting now - so we're safe in that house...anyway, there's such as thing as Voluntary Consent - it means that Nazi types can't fear us into submission, it gives us a Legal right to refuse and fight....and built on the gravestones of the dead that fought for those freedoms, that fought against the oppression of dictators - who said No the tyrant who aim is to impose controls on the populace, an abuse of power - But all very convenient is the timing of this convid - going hand in hand with their Great Reset - shutdown - rebuild agenda....isn't that the true bug - so why the jab...Compliance ?

Just found this on page 17 of yesterday's Daily Mail,

"SAGA has announced that all customers on it's cruises and holidays will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid19.....all holidaymakers must have received both shots at least two weeks before departure. It is the first cruise line to make vaccinations compulsory"

Just found this on page 17 of yesterday's Daily Mail,

"SAGA has announced that all customers on it's cruises and holidays will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid19.....all holidaymakers must have received both shots at least two weeks before departure. It is the first cruise line to make vaccinations compulsory"
    I know Sinkov....we seen - but is that just to bring back the punters ?...pressure from passengers - the Gov - I wonder ?

anyway, a nasty dumbass move...and actionable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    I know Sinkov....we seen - but is that just to bring back the punters ?...pressure from passengers - the Gov - I wonder ?

anyway, a nasty dumbass move...and actionable imo.

Back in summer there was 'political pressure' on the WHO to change their advice on the wearing of face masks, they caved in under that political pressure and changed their advice, although there was no scientific or medical reason to do so. The same sort of pressure will be brought to bear on the travel industry and they will conform. I don't like it any more than you Norder, but we are where we are and there's nowt we can do about it, it's the future.

My older brother had the AstraZeneca vaccine jab this morning. I think this may be a better one to have than the Pfizer but WHO knows?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    My older brother had the AstraZeneca vaccine jab this morning. I think this may be a better one to have than the Pfizer but WHO knows?
    I'll be in Clitheroe this afternoon and walking past the test centre, I'll ask them which vaccine they're using.

Back in summer there was 'political pressure' on the WHO to change their advice on the wearing of face masks, they caved in under that political pressure and changed their advice, although there was no scientific or medical reason to do so. The same sort of pressure will be brought to bear on the travel industry and they will conform. I don't like it any more than you Norder, but we are where we are and there's nowt we can do about it, it's the future.
    yes, it was hard for the conscientious objector - men building the ships to carry their own sons away - women making the armaments...in the hope that their bullets would KILL others, not theirs - and the so-called "enemy" thought the same.....brainwashed into believing some sick game.
    I've heard the words (nowt we can do about it) for as long as I can remember, was a regular from a very close family member of mine - will say the same as I did way back then - We are It, We move It We change It....We begin It or end It....the trouble is...that We pretend It otherwise.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)