+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ask the Owners

And why limit it to 30 minutes ?

I assume that like most of these events, the questions are carefully selected and responses prepared.

I don't think media training was a big factor. It was rather turgid.

However, we had no "ex Championship striker", "biggest budget in the NL", "exciting times ahead" type B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    And why limit it to 30 minutes ?

I assume that like most of these events, the questions are carefully selected and responses prepared.

I don't think media training was a big factor. It was rather turgid.
    Blimey. File the above comment under "you can never please everyone"!

I personally thought it was a helpful and informative half hour. They might be planning to do these types of interview at regular intervals in the future.

I'm half way through it.

It's still not obvious who is the dominant character of the two. If they do bring success then the Kop is going to have to sing "Two brothers Reetz, there's only two brothers Reetz". You can't single either one of them out.

Income from live streams compared to bums on seats - Only goes some way to making up the shortfall but happy with the service. Around 2-3,000 paying to watch. Going with the most professional service was the right decision.

Lockdown affecting investment in infrastructure and players - Negative impact but still in a relatively good position to come out of the situation in good shape.

Parachute payments - Our budget will vary season to season, but will always be strong for whatever league we are in. Hope to find value for money on and off the pitch.

National league lockdown funding - Don't agree with how it's being shared out but grateful for what they get and the fact it allows league to go on.

Transfers and keeping best players - Should be expected best players attract interest. Model is not relying on selling, value must be worthwhile and would be re-invested, every player has a price.

Brexit and EU players - Can no longer sign players from abroad in NL and difficult in EFL. Hope overtime rules will be relaxed.

We should be closer to the top with our resourses - Agree we should be, however there are other clubs who have similar budgets and the table is not the best indicator of future performances. We have better metrics that can predict the future. Aim to outperform expectations in long term.

Postponements disrupting momentum - Frustrating, certainly could affect performance but over the season it will affect everyone. Looking forward to playing twice a week.

Will season tickets still have usual discounts when back on sale? - Yes

Academy plans - Salary cap rules in EFL means very important to bring young players through. We will lose funding and protection for academy if not promoted this season, but looking at options if not.

Regret buying club? - No regrets on buying the club despite what's happened in 2020. Still enjoying it, it's a long term project, goals still the same.

Training ground - having our own training ground would be the last thing to be sorted out, happy with current arrangements.

The first question gets the most stupid question asked award.

Who cut Nick's Hair

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    The first question gets the most stupid question asked award.

Who cut Nick's Hair
    The question I most want answering after watching all that is how do you grow a ginger beard if you have brown hair ? I’m baffled

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I’d like them to answer some of the questions that were directed at Ray Trew, that weren’t answered. One comes to mind.....What is the top speed of a fully laden swallow?
    what European or south American ?

Both Trew and Hardy's favourite colour was red because that's the one they operated in.

Enjoyable listen but I do find them always so monotone! It really takes some getting used to after Hardy and his showman style of bonkers ownership. It's not hard to see how they get on so well with Neal Ardley is it and its quite wonderful to see the slow and steady progress and patience they are exhibiting. Such a refreshing approach and exactly what we needed.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Enjoyable listen but I do find them always so monotone! It really takes some getting used to after Hardy and his showman style of bonkers ownership. It's not hard to see how they get on so well with Neal Ardley is it and its quite wonderful to see the slow and steady progress and patience they are exhibiting. Such a refreshing approach and exactly what we needed.
    Yeah, I thought the same thing about them and Ardley. Listening to them also instilled a refreshing surge of confidence/reassurance that these guys aren’t cowboys and that finally, although in the National League, things are starting to look better in the long term for Notts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast