+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ask the Owners

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    what European or south American ?
    Both would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Yeah, I thought the same thing about them and Ardley. Listening to them also instilled a refreshing surge of confidence/reassurance that these guys aren’t cowboys and that finally, although in the National League, things are starting to look better in the long term for Notts.
    I think that relationship is really important and it made me think a bit to be honest. I am largely in the "Ardley Out" camp nowadays but I am not so sure now. Funny times and listening can make you think really differently.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I think that relationship is really important and it made me think a bit to be honest. I am largely in the "Ardley Out" camp nowadays but I am not so sure now. Funny times and listening can make you think really differently.
    I would be lying if I said I didn't get frustrated with NA at times, usually when we lose which is to be expected. However I think his current tenure has to be assessed with all factors considered. Football is, as daft as it sounds, no longer just about football. Clubs at our level and above are now businesses and have to be run like a good business in order to be sustainable.

I realise people are desperate to get out of this league, me included, but I have taken the opinion that we now have a club that appears to be on a sound financial footing with a newly injected level of professionalism throughout that has been sadly lacking for several years.

Like UTM posted on another thread how damaging could it have been to the financial security of the club had we got promoted to League 1 under Hardy? As another poster replied think Bury. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and despite our failure to win promotion to L1 and our current league status I'm feeling happier and more optimistic about the future than I did a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I would be lying if I said I didn't get frustrated with NA at times, usually when we lose which is to be expected. However I think his current tenure has to be assessed with all factors considered. Football is, as daft as it sounds, no longer just about football. Clubs at our level and above are now businesses and have to be run like a good business in order to be sustainable.

I realise people are desperate to get out of this league, me included, but I have taken the opinion that we now have a club that appears to be on a sound financial footing, with a newly injected level of professionalism throughout that has been sadly lacking for several years.

Like UTM posted on another thread how damaging could it have been to the financial security of the club had we got promoted to League 1 under Hardy? As another poster replied think Bury. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and despite our failure to win promotion to L1 and our current league status I'm feeling happier and more optimistic about the future than I did a couple of years ago.
    Like your wonderful statistics correct my friend! I do think that in time the model in place is amazing and we are extremely lucky. None the less we have had 25 years of rubbish to put up with! I don't know if I have ever seen you mention it but I am curious, why did you start the stats website and have you commenced any approaches to the club? I think it is fantastic and I think that given our owners there is certainly a curious partnership there that could work for everyone.

Just watched the interview with the owners. Some excellent questions( a little disappointed mine wasn't asked but I suppose I could have put....do you also think Ardley is a w@nker a bit more diplomatically ), very well answered. Safe to say what we all knew anyway, Notts are in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Like your wonderful statistics correct my friend! I do think that in time the model in place is amazing and we are extremely lucky. None the less we have had 25 years of rubbish to put up with! I don't know if I have ever seen you mention it but I am curious, why did you start the stats website and have you commenced any approaches to the club? I think it is fantastic and I think that given our owners there is certainly a curious partnership there that could work for everyone.
    Thanks for the kind words QLP. The whole stats thing really started on here when I first started the 'Form Table Thread'. As people started to show an interest I started to try out new things and look at different metrics. During that time I had been going through a very difficult period personally and I found the stats took my mind off things a bit which was great. I decided to go the whole hog and do the website, Twitter, FB and insta etc and have been really pleased with the general response. I haven't bothered contacting the club, I'm sure there is plenty they have that would be really useful, especially things like the GPS tracking numbers but I don't think they would consider sharing that info being in the best interest of the club. Mind you if we get back into the EFL again then it will be easier to obtain more of that kind of data as it is more easily available. Will save me a fair few quid as well because at the moment it's a bit like running a business with no revenue, just expenditure which means the old plastic has taken a right battering!

A safe pair of hands indeed. Forget goalkeeper, captain, or even the manager. There is no position more important at club than owner/chairman to get right.

Great news for our future.

Thanks for the kind words QLP. The whole stats thing really started on here when I first started the 'Form Table Thread'.
    And I thought you did it to show me up for my feeble attempts at points required for promotion graph which the following year became points required to stay up

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    And I thought you did it to show me up for my feeble attempts at points required for promotion graph which the following year became points required to stay up
    Ah so it was all your fault then OP!

Will save me a fair few quid as well because at the moment it's a bit like running a business with no revenue, just expenditure which means the old plastic has taken a right battering!
    Ever thought about crowdfunding? Something like Crowdfunder, where there are no platform fees during the pandemic. Perhaps pledge a proportion of funds raised to a local charity, with the rest paying for domain and other IT costs. Since 2012 I've provided, at my own expense, a website for the village I live in so I know how the costs mount up. So far, like you, I've just taken the costs on the chin.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast