+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Attacking options

Attacking options

There is much talk in the press this week about Davis going out on loan which personally I think is what he needs. He’s not quite the ticket for our position in the Prem at the moment. Having said that, there doesn’t appear to be much cover for Watkins at the moment who looks in need of a bit of restbite. His last few games were below par and chances he would have taken a few games ago squandered. So....a conundrum.

I would like to see us get in King from Bournemouth and let Davis go there on loan (apparently they are interested). This would liven up competition for Ollie as well as give him a break, give Davis some playing time and the confidence to challenge for place in the team next season.

While I’m in a contemplative mood, I’m still not sure about Traore. Difficult to criticise due to his recent goal tally and threat going forward, his defensive displays has been left wanting and leaves Cash isolated and with far to much to do. Not sure Trez or Ghazi are too much better mind.

Trez has been working his socks off to support Cash but his finishing let's him down at times, his spell at the end of last season kept us up. Traore looks strong and could I think deputise for Ollie or perhaps play up there in a 4-4-2, jury's still out on Ghazi who is certainly in form and looks hungry for more goals.

Watkins could play out wide with Davis as an effective target man if you think Trez or Ghazi don't cut the mustard - if only Davis could find the net he'd be a great player.

Re Davis, there is a player in there somewhere but god only knows how to bring it out, maybe the rest of the season on loan at a decent level, the problem is finding somewhere that play the same style Dean wants to use here, Davis has potential in a two up front I think but that isnt how we play, maybe he has to go for his own sake?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)