+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 at clubs

I think someone's got their priorities wrong.
    Unfortunately there are far too many who have done that, hence contributing to the position we now find ourselves in

Think we can see how some are brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Think we can see how some are brought up.
    And how it that Millertop. Please expand?

The Government recognise that pro sport plays a unique role in our society.* Theyve demonstrated that by allowing elite sport to continue through much of the pandemic when most other sectors have been placed under quite servere restrictions. So not sure the point Flour is making about me getting my priorities wrong.

Id extend the idea and vaccinate the cast of West End Shows, RSC, Royal Balet and the like. Get these live performances back on and stream them through social media (like football with iFollow) until we're in a position to get audiences back. Patty seems to want to admit sport and the arts add value to society but reluctant to go with it for some reason.

Theres a notion that if sportsmen get a jab it will be at the expense of someone else more deserving - that that person will be denied a vaccination. The Gov has said we will all get vaccinated. People in pro sport are already in the queue for a jab like everyone else. We will still all get a jab.

What Im suggesting is to stage the order that people get there jab slightly differently so people in elite sport who are required to continue playing move forward in the queue.

Johnson is telling us the Gov will inject about 220,000 vaccinations per day.* What Im suggesting would require a total of say 15,000 vaccinations (10,000 elite sport / 5,000 arts) its a small portion of a days work. By spreading it out over a few months (football rugby now - summer sports later) the numbers are*miniscule - and return a huge benefit for society.

Im not sure such small rejig in the order we deliver vaccinations can lead the huge resultant death rate implied. Maybe someone can explain the logic behind the thinking? I may reconsider my opinion.

I understand the reason the Gov has delayed the second jab is a shortage of supply.* They want to get as many vavaccinated in as short a space of time to turn around the huge infection rate.* Id only do what I suggesting when full supply comes on tap.

Sportsmen are being required to continue like many other essential workers. As a society I think we can afford to show some respect to them too.

The Eng cricketers and tourists played in covid bubbles all last summer. The Eng players have since moved to South Africa on to Sri Lanka, then, apparently, India. This is for the sole purpose of our entertainment. The Government recognise its importance by sanctioning the matches.*

Id like to think we could make 50 vaccines available for the current touring party out in Sri Lanka.

Im really not sure how what Im suggesting equates to a lack of moralty that will lead extra deaths. Maybe someone will explain in a more thoughtful manner rather than insults.

Brentford call two games off after more positives

fk the elite. getting paid. vunerable stuck at home. skint.
    give your head a wobble.

Grimsby fined for not following covid rules causing match postponements

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Grimsby fined for not following covid rules causing match postponements
    Grimsby Town become the first football club, to be fined for coronavirus safety breaches, after a EFL investigation.
    The club postponed 3 fixtures in September 2020, after placing the entire squad into self-isolation, following a positive test on one player, midfielder Jock Curran.
    The EFL conducted a investigation, Grimsby were found to have broken social distancing rules, at their Cheapside training ground, it was said that only 2 other players shoul have isolated, & not the entire squad. But Grimsby players its understood were allowed to congregate in communal areas, with former manager Ian Holloway said to have played darts with the players, players thought to have been car sharing.
    Grimsby were fined just under £5,000 suspended until 30th June 2021, also a EFL bill for the investigation of £13,000, plus incurring all reasonable costs for the sides, they were due to play, at that time.
    With this fine Grimsby Town become the first football club to be fined in Breach of Covid 19 Protocol..
    All clubs have been sent a letter from EFL chief, in hoping to avoid another suspension of the season.

Shrews manager Cotterill has been in intensive care with COVID and still remains in hospital

When is EFL going to take it seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Shrews manager Cotterill has been in intensive care with COVID and still remains in hospital

When is EFL going to take it seriously?
    Its the Government that want elite sport to continue.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast