+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer news

Just read it. Already considered and turned down. It is nice for us to be in that sort of position, that we can turn down offers.

Indeed it is and will be good to hold onto Pixie for as long as possible. However, I think he will leave in the summer if not the next fortnight. To be fair, he could do a lot worse than play for Tony Mowbray, whose teams have always wanted to play football not hoof ball but you can never guarantee how long managers will be at clubs.

I'm not sure I'm reading this right but if his contract is up in a few months then I cannot see we can demand a susbstantial transfer fee of the sort being mentioned and why would anyone pay that sort of fee outside of the PL? Also what is stopping agents having a quiet word advising a big sign on fee if they just hang on to the summer? OK that is a risk they won't get the player and why a smaller transfer fee would be probably be better for both clubs. Why didn't he sign an extension or are they all following a new trend?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I'm not sure I'm reading this right but if his contract is up in a few months then I cannot see we can demand a susbstantial transfer fee of the sort being mentioned and why would anyone pay that sort of fee outside of the PL? Also what is stopping agents having a quiet word advising a big sign on fee if they just hang on to the summer? OK that is a risk they won't get the player and why a smaller transfer fee would be probably be better for both clubs. Why didn't he sign an extension or are they all following a new trend?
    Keep up Mike. Pickering signed a three year contract in September 2020

Yep, you're confusing full-backs, MSB. Perry is the one who hasn't signed a new contract.
    The Lancashire Telegraph reports that Blackburn have offered £250,000. They also suggest that the club's are close to agreeing a down-payment. I think the figure above is more likely to be a part-payment. As Pixie has two and a half years left on his contract, I would say there is no pressure to sell.
    As for Pez, his situation is in need of a bit more ingenuity. Clearly Perry doesn't want to advance his career too late in the day but the club could introduce a trigger clause into a contract at a figure Ng is comfortable with it. Otherwise, Perry needs to go now for as much as we can get for him with lots of add-ons.

Apparently Cardiff have offered £250K for Perry which considering he will be out of contract in 4 months is not as bad as DA made out. Disgusting is not a word I would use when money has been offered for a player who can walk in 4 months time on a free. There has been discussions with Perry but he has not signed a new contract, unless DA knows different we need to get what we can now and what is believed to be on offer is £250k, although Cardiff are a club with problems.

I heard that a figure of £500k had been agreed for Pix from Blackburn, but they couldn't agree on add ons and future transfer payments so this deal could be dead in the water, we will see. I hope we can keep him, but at least if he goes it will be for decent money either now or at end of season. I doubt we will keep him beyond that.

I think we can afford to lose NG, he is still our best right back but Offord proved he can play there and we have TJ as back up, Pickering is a bit more difficult to replace but if we can keep him until end of season that will be something, we are going to lose him, that is for certain. just a matter of when, we are a selling club even though DA tried to make out we weren't.

Apparently Cardiff have offered £250K for Perry which considering he will be out of contract in 4 months is not as bad as DA made out. Disgusting is not a word I would use when money has been offered for a player who can walk in 4 months time on a free. There has been discussions with Perry but he has not signed a new contract, unless DA knows different we need to get what we can now and what is believed to be on offer is £250k, although Cardiff are a club with problems so would NG want to go.

I heard that a figure of £500k had been agreed for Pix from Blackburn, but they couldn't agree on add ons and future transfer payments so this deal could be dead in the water, we will see. I hope we can keep him, but at least if he goes it will be for decent money either now or at end of season. I doubt we will keep him beyond that.

I think we can afford to lose NG, he is still our best right back but Offord proved he can play there and we have TJ as back up, Pickering is a bit more difficult to replace but if we can keep him until end of season that will be something, we are going to lose him, that is for certain. just a matter of when, we are a selling club even though DA tried to make out we weren't.

I think that Perry’s enforced absence, and the success of TJ and Offord in his place (not forgetting how well Lancashire covered for Offord) reinforced that we don’t just have a first 11 and nothing else. I agree that Pixie would be a bigger loss, but let’s not forget that Rio Adebisi will be waiting for a chance to prove us wrong.

On an unrelated note, Middlesbrough have ended Stephen Walker’s loan spell at MK Dons early and are looking to send him somewhere else - I wouldn’t say no!

Where would Walker play, if he came? Unless, of course, Charlie leaves. I notice there hasn't been much gossip on that front. All his mates are going to leave him behind!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Where would Walker play, if he came? Unless, of course, Charlie leaves. I notice there hasn't been much gossip on that front. All his mates are going to leave him behind!
    I think Walker would be an extremely good loan signing till end of season, he did really well for us last season in the few games he played.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast