+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer news

But where would he play?

He was recalled because he wasn't getting games. Would he get games for us? At whose expense?

Well, you can’t be saying ‘we need more goals’ in one breath, as some have, and then ask whose place an on loan striker would take in the next. If we need more goals we need someone to score them and personally I would rather get a loanee in for 4 months than take a risk with a permanent signing - after all, if Charlie, Owen, Dan and Mikael are all still with us at the start of next season our requirements will be different than if one or more isn’t. I am, of course, assuming that Ports will be thanked for his efforts and released!

That would suggest Charlie for the chop as Mika is a constant and Dale has hit goalscoring form. I am beginning to worry about Charlie though. He needs Pixie and without him he would have to alter his game. Perhaps you're right. However, what about Powell? He seems to be missing out and has shown how much better he is on the left than the right. Interesting!
    Yet, is our lack of goalscoring about finishing or 'the final ball', again Charlie might be the weak link.

I think the attraction of Walker is that he offers something a bit different to the players we have. It's last seasons playing of today's match that I most remember him for (Yes I know we lost, but that was an absolute travesty). His direct running at the defence terrified the Plymouth players, and he should have had a penalty in the first few minutes of the game. For the rest of that game he terrified their defence until, I think I'm remembering correctly, he was subbed toward full time; and he showed that same level of commitment and drive in the other games he appeared for us (well... the ones I saw/heard anyway) Essentially, he's an absolute nuisance, that keeps his fullback under pressure constantly, mixes his game up by showing short and making good, intelligent runs and when the ball's on the other flank he's busting his gut to get in a goal scoring position. With Lowery now starting to show signs of the playmaker we know he can be, with a range of passing to match, it's a mouth-watering prospect in my humble opinion. as to who would make way? I don't think it's a case of anyone particularly making way. I think it's about options to change a game. Powell seems to be struggling this season (although he has had a couple of good games playing from the left. I also wonder if he's an option to deputise for Mikael if he gets injured or fatigued), Charlie is the very definition of 'mercurial' and Owen can't be expected to perform at his current level all season (if he does he won't be here much longer either. Overall, Boro are not going to want to send him out to warm a bench again - agreed, but I do think they would be happy for him to come back to us, given his brief, but successful, spell here last season.

The other thing I would add about Walker is that he’s taller than Powell, Kirk et al and could possibly deputise or come on far Mandron. As AG suggests he was a nuisance to opposing defences last season due to his pace and work rate, not unlike Mandron, and has an eye for goal.

Having said all that I suppose we will discover tomorrow that he’s signed for Joke City, or some other no marks!

So...sounds like Perry is on his way. On P&G DA revealed that things were in the latter stages in terms of a transfer. Will that give Wintle and/or Harry a push as well? Don't want team to fall apart. We can cover Perry easily but Harry is more difficult. With the treatment table cleared we might be able to cover Wintle but all three would be a major setback.

Seems the Alex are interested in Tom James from Hibs, on loan at Wigan until yesterday. Thing is, he seems to be a left back.

I would expect Dave to have identified who he wants should any player leave - he’s got a decent record of doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    I think Walker would be an extremely good loan signing till end of season, he did really well for us last season in the few games he played.

No thank you

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast