+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Transfer news

Yes, best of luck Pez. Another player to follow for years to come.

Best of luck Pez, hope you enjoy, and that Cardiff have the sense to play you as a wingback.

Wales online has Perry as star man in tonight's defeat to QPR

So, many of you have got your wish and Walker returns. For me, the interesting question is, where is he going to play (if he plays?). Owen Dale is suddenly coming along and is in goalscoring form. What about Charlie? Not a 90 minute player but able to burst into action and produce something top class. Walker can play down the middle, but that would require a change of tactics. He's no Mandron (although he seems to have filled out a little since he was last here!) so couldn't hold up play like Mika does So....? What happens to Powell (sort of injured at the moment).
    There's no doubt that he raises the overall quality of the squad by being here. But how will this be utilised?

Just a thought...we've heard absolutely nothing on Ryan Wintle. Is he about to disappear and Billy Jones going to cover his position?

Clearly Mandron is starting to feel the effects of playing every minute of every match. Given his work rate it’s no surprise that he has picked little niggles and strains. Well though Ports played against Rovers (and I thought he put in a decent shift and was his usual self), this was against one of the lower ranked sides without too much pace at the back - he came in handy at the back with his height but failed to follow the goal scorer for their opener. Walker has filled out, but I believe that his work rate and pace makes him decent cover for all 3 front positions- and let’s be honest, apart from Powell (who never seems fit) we have been lucky with injuries to our front players. And this despite Kirk being kicked from here to next week on Tuesday evening - incidentally, fair play to Charlie as he didn’t let himself get bullied out of the game and kept carrying the ball to them all match.

So Pixie not in the squad. Is he unfit or on his way? Surely not to Sheff We'd! We may swap places at the end of this season.

Certainly missed pixie. Not as much penetration down the left and Rio was a bit wobbly at times and seemed to have no legs left in the last 10 mins. What was alarming was how poor our midfield was today. Lowery, in particular, seemed to have trouble with his ball play. Murphy and Wintle both gave the ball away consistently.
    Billy Jones had a great 1st half but looked unfit as the game went on.
    Beckles was immense again, ably assisted by Lancashire. Hope we get him to sign an extension very soon. The Radio Stoke commentary said a lot of complimentary things about Porter and there's no doubt about his work effort and the fact he does a lot off the ball. However, his actual impact on the game in no way equals Mandron's and it is imperative we get the latter tied down to a contract very soon.
    Charlie needs to up his participation if Harry leaves and takes his support down that wing with him.
    So my 3-1 prediction was a bit off but after about 15 mins you could see how this game was going.

So 1 out, 3 in, so far! An attacking midfielder originally from Everton Academy. I take it he's cover for Ainley and Lundstram.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So 1 out, 3 in, so far! An attacking midfielder originally from Everton Academy. I take it he's cover for Ainley and Lundstram.
    And Finney?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast