+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Transfer news

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So 1 out, 3 in, so far! An attacking midfielder originally from Everton Academy. I take it he's cover for Ainley and Lundstram.
    Two out really (Zanzalla and Pez). Never heard of Anthony Evans. Seems to come with a decent pedigree though. I know we lack a bit creatively in midfield, but I'd have preferred to see a midfield ball winner come in. Concerns me how open we are there when the opposition are in our defending third. I reckon that's probably it now for transfers in, unless there's a departure we need to cover for.

The hints from DA,s interview suggest they're looking for a forward but for me, cover for Pickering is the most important thing.

Gone a bit quiet on the Pickering front. Is he fit for tonight?

According to Sky Sports News last night Blackburn though they have had a bid rejected for Pickering they were still interested in him. Sounds like an improved offer is imminent. If he goes I am convinced we will need an experienced replacement.

Another point. Considering our league1 position and our performances this season (last 3 games not included), have to say I am surprised that we have not received any loan offers from the top Premiership sides.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    According to Sky Sports News last night Blackburn though they have had a bid rejected for Pickering they were still interested in him. Sounds like an improved offer is imminent. If he goes I am convinced we will need an experienced replacement.

Another point. Considering our league1 position and our performances this season (last 3 games not included), have to say I am surprised that we have not received any loan offers from the top Premiership sides.
    I have not heard of anything from the Sheffield Wed offer, I would assume it is higher than the bid Blackburn Rovers offered, the Wednesday manager believes he is in with a good shout of securing a deal, but it appears the club are in advanced talks with Blackburn. So the saga continues but its the end of the month so any deal will soon be made.

As for loans from top premiership clubs, who's to say we have not had any offers, they might just be the wrong players.DA has brought in 3 players with a possibility of another. I think the signing of Walker was inspired there are those who have criticized his loan deal because he can't get in the team, that was pre Gillingham, that game showed how important it is to have alternative options Saturday and Tuesday every week takes a toll so all the additions are welcome in particular in the right back position, but its obvious we need a left back if we are to lose Pixie.

Top Premier League clubs don’t often send loanees to L1 or L2 clubs, although the second rank clubs like Southampton often do. To be fair, Middlesbrough’s Academy has as good a reputation as many of these... and the loanees we had from Newcastle and Villa over the past few years have been no better than Stephen Walker.

If I had the choice between another loanee and keeping Pixie until the summer I’d take the latter, although that seems to be less likely.

So as trailed Pixie has signed for Blackburn and returns to us on loan for the rest of the season. Assuming the Club got the fee it wanted this seems a good deal for us and consolidates our Back 4 for the rest of the season.

Only turned 22 just after Christmas and has racked up almost 150 appearances since becoming a first team regular aged just 18. He will be missed, but good luck to the fella.

Good that we keep him for season, and good luck to the lad.

Charlton have offered 500k for Charlie Kirk

One problem Charlie, in that region a 3/4 bedroom house costs 700k+.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast