+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graham Alexander - confirmed as boss

An interesting appointment. The board has moved quickly which was the right thing to do as he needs time to see what can be added/removed from the squad and time is tight in the January window. Tommy Wright was the more obvious choice in terms of track record in, and knowledge of, the SPFL so to that extent GA is a bit more of a gamble so let’s hope the board have made the correct decision. I think it’s good that he has brought in his own assistant as the two new voices can back each other up when they get stuck into the job of motivating the existing squad members. I see Keith is retained but not sure in what role compared to Lucketti and I am pleased with that as long as it is to perform a function that is required and makes a positive contribution and not just out of sentiment. Cannot see any mention of Mo Ross. If he is also retained does this mean we are paying for an ‘extra’ coach?

Suspect Lasley is putting out the cones and making the tea until he gets a managerial job elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    I'm quite surprised and also quite pleased about this appointment.

He has managerial experience and has a decent reputation and it's potentially the 'new broom' that we've been needing for years now. He's got one tough, tough job on his hands with that squad but all the very best to him and welcome to Fir Park.
    LSM sums up my thoughts and relieved not Tommy Wright. Agree other comment re-Lasley should look to lower leagues for experience and perhaps some day return. I would also review goalkeeping coach as if thought Chapman could play SPL in any circumstance ... madness.

New Year ... new era. Let's go !!

A good appointment in my book. Graham Alexander seems to have a strong work ethic. Although he says that the players will all start with a clean slate, he'll need to sort out one or two dressing room issues. Good to see a new regime at Fir Park, just whats needed, as things had gone stale.

If ever a group of players needed a boss with a strong work ethic then it's this lot. There's been far too many simply going through the motions for months now and in need of a kick up the @rse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)