+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Tranmere Rovers Match Thoughts

Barnsley v Tranmere Rovers Match Thoughts

I don't really know how I feel about the FA cup this season and I'm normally very supportive of it .

If we were to be successful on sunday against Tranmere and drew one of the big boys in round four , City , United , Liverpool or Spurs etc well we can't be there can we and that's what the FA cup is all about .

A day out in London and a visit to the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is reduced to nothing sat at home and the stadium empty .

Still we have to make the best of it during these difficult and very sad times .

Hard to say what kind of team Val will field on sunday given the covid related issues surrounding the club and players who won't have trained for a while .

Well I’ve just sat through Wolves v Palace and I am CERTAIN Palace fans will be grateful they didn’t have to shell out hard earned cash to watch their team!
    Not one shot on target the whole game, they played so poor I’m shocked they are not below the Blunts in the league? They spent about 80% of the game playing it across the back 4 into midfield, back to the defenders and eventually to the keeper, then repeat........It won’t be long before Woy gets the bullet if that’s what they have to offer? Sooooooooo Boring!
    I know I have a go at our lads sometimes but my god we are so much more entertaining to watch than a lot of Premier teams I have seen this season.

Not too arsed abart Cup this season to be honest lads. As Animal sez it needs the fans. Wiv too many games as it is wi art this. Judging by weather forecasts and Covid thull be games called off. It just adds to the fixture backlog. Sean Dyche sed on wireless this morning that footballers should be given the vaccine and I agree. Testing them 2 or 3 times a week is coming at a huge expense, money that could be spent on better things.

Almost forgot our old friend Keith Hill is in charge at Prenton Park these days .

Not everyone's cup of char wasn't Keef but in my opinion he did an incredible job in his first season keeping us in the championship during Cryne's austerity period .

I’ll never forget the interview after a loss, when he said “our Sydney was supposed to go swimming tomorrow, but he’ll be missing it, I’ll be having them all in training” or words to that effect.

Name:  CD852529-FF81-49C6-A005-FAB49F3D5DA8.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  19.1 KB

No B team here.

Respect the FA cup indeed , pleasantly surprised .

Good to see Jordan Williams on the bench - another option with the 2 new signings

Not good to see Sibbick though!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Not good to see Sibbick though!

Left that one to you Perky

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast